Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grand Am vs Grand Prix (and other cars)

A

Advaik

Everyday I go driving I see atleast 10 Grand Ams but only 1, maybe 2 Grand Prixs. Why is the Grand Am so popular? Those POS can't even keep up with my Grand Prix, why would someone want one? And what about Firebird? I only see a Firebird every week or so (usually a Trans Am). A Firebird is actually cheaper than a Grand Prix, why would people go out and buy a Grand Prix when they can get a Firebird? (I only got a Grand Prix because mine was under 6k, the Firebird was 8k since it was a newer model).

And mustangs, I swear this has got to be a white trash nation. I see 20+ mustangs every single day. I use to like mustangs, but theres no way I would buy one with 20 other people driving one. The older models are cool (Flashback comes to mind :p ) but EVERYONE seems to have a 2000+ model now a days.

Just had to vent a little, just went out driving :D

the new grand ams with the supercharger blow away camaros,stangs and give the vette a good run,thats why there are so many

Before we got married my wife bought a Fiero V6...
It was the First thing to go after we were married.

No space but it was a fun ass car to drive..

Probably lots of reasons including taste, $ and room

I can see not wanting to get a Firebird because of space, I'm a big guy (6'3" 200lbs) and when I drove my friends Firebird, I had a hard time fitting in the seats without looking stupid. Thankfully I was able to lower the T top.

But a Grand Am, those things have the same room as a Grand Prix just about and the style is very much the same. I like being original, I wouldnt want to drive something 10 other people on the road are driving. That's why I'll never get a Honda or Mustang.

The Canadian Oak said:
the new grand ams with the supercharger blow away camaros,stangs and give the vette a good run,thats why there are so many

[stone cold] WHAT? [/stone cold]

First, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean Grand PRIX with a S/C, that would be the GTP.
A GTP is a damn nice, fast car for the what it is, and for appealing to the masses, but it will NOT "blow away" Camaros and Mustangs (it'd "run with" the 6 cyls, I guess). They are 240 HP, the LS1 F-bodies have 300+ and are built to run.

I have a 93 SHO, and 93 GTP's would be a close race for me in it. And my 6 cylinder Regal is about 4 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile.

Top Bottom