Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got my tongue pierced today -- advice

Spunky

I was fine right after I had it pierced.. but like 6 hours later the pain and swelling started.. now i can barely talk.. can't make S or T sounds at all. Can't eat solid foods... All I can eat are protein shakes and icee's from the gas station. Anyone know something I can do to speed the healing up???

It'll go down in the next 24-48 hours you just have to deal.

Try drinking things like lemon juice, sucking on grapefruits and stuff.

Also, a salt lick will go a long way asisting you with the pain.

I remember when I got my tongue pierced. It didn't hurt at all so I decided I would go have some Chinese food...Bad Idea!! My tongue looked like someone put a human Liver in my mouth for about 4 days! I had to wear a bib cuz I was drooling so bad.

i had mine pierced a few years ago, all you have to do is wait and the swelling will go down..:(
then have fun, learning to talk again
:)

Keep it clean! I stopped cleaning mine after the pain went away. It got infected and I had this little ring of pus around the barbell (paints a pretty picture doesn't it?). I eventually took it out after a month because it refused to heal.

keep it very clean and ice , not icees, is helpful

general idea is to just keep your mouth as clean as possible
u should have gotten some special mouthwash they usually give when they pierce tongues
if not, diluted listerene will work

Did you get a care sheet after you got it done? It should tell you to rinse with Lavoris after you eat or drink anything except water.

You can take a small dose of zinc to help speed up the helping.

Eat with plastic spoons and forks the first few days, the sound of metal hitting the piercing is rather unnerving until you get used to it.

Avoid anything salty or that has a high citrus level. If you have any discomfort in the back of your throat, pop a few Aleve for the pain.

If you smoke, eat or drink anything you HAVE to rinse your mouth out. If not you’ll notice some white discharge that ranges from very liquid to an almost cheese like appearance. Don’t rush to the emergency room or they will insist that it is infected and make a big deal about it.

Have you ever gotten a splinter and your body forced it out of the skin? That is the same thing your body is doing to the piercing. If you rinse after every meal, snack or smoke you should have no trouble what so ever.

Remember to buy a smaller barbell when the swelling completely goes away. You will have too much slack in it and you could end up chipping a tooth if you keep the original in – then again – it depends on how long the original barbell is.

I have some scanned care sheets if you want me to email them to you.

You can also entertain yourself by trying to spell MISSISIPPI …

:D

no i didn't get a care sheet.. he said to wash the mouth out w/ listerine 3 times a day. my buddy washed his out w/ listerine after every snack or meal and his did fine, but i also heard that listerine can cause problems w/ a tongue piercing if u use it that much..... so i dunno.

Top Bottom