Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got a cortisone shot today

rudedawg

MRI showed NO tears but did show an impingement in my left shoulder. As it looked he said if the cortisone shot doesn't work them I am headed for surgery to shave the bone down to free up some space.

Froze my skin with something for about 10 secs then poked that needle into the back of my shoulder...didn't hurt until he squeezed a little too much fluid out too fast. He gave me a little of the 1 hour and the 4 hour deadener.

Well it is almost 4 hours now and my shoulder is starting to ache. Got a script for Vicodin that I might have to go fill if this keeps up.

Anyone have any experiences with cortizone shots and or that type of surgery on their shoulders?

cortizone fixed my shoulder problem but they also injected into elbow for what they thought was bone spur, turned out to be tendonitis and rotted the tendon til it snapped off at insertion point.

surgery, 3 months recovery

Not shoulder but in about 2 weeks i'm going in for my wrist ligament damage. Hope everything works out for you man, good luck and get that vicodin, works wonders.

Re: .

TheGame2001 said:
cortizone fixed my shoulder problem but they also injected into elbow for what they thought was bone spur, turned out to be tendonitis and rotted the tendon til it snapped off at insertion point.

surgery, 3 months recovery

They injected you with cortisone for a bone spur? I

Cure said:
Not shoulder but in about 2 weeks i'm going in for my wrist ligament damage. Hope everything works out for you man, good luck and get that vicodin, works wonders.

Did you do the cortisone first?

I am going to get the Vicodin.

Days of the Tantric said:
That' what I told ya B. They gave me a shot in my shoulder and I think it f'd up the tendons/ligaments. Is that your throwing arm?

No its my left shoulder.....that's the weird part.

Well I had to do this before I was going to do surgery. If I can do some shoulder exercises (therapy....which he was going to send me to but in talking to him I showed him that I knew all of those exercise and could do themn without a babysitter) and this shot cools shit down in there enough so that I am somewhat painfree then I will be way ahead of the game than if I have surgery and can't do shit for months.

I've had 2 cortisone shots from 2 different doctors.

The first didn't hurt at all.

The second felt like someone hit my elbow with a hammer.:mad:

It all depends on the person giving the shot.

Had 2 shots, on either side of my spine in the lower back
right where the tendons/ligaments insert.

Used the Cold numb spray and Corto / Lidocain cocktail mixture.
It hurt when the last of the fluid was being injected due to pressure buildup.

It felt REAL good thanks to the lido for about 3 hours and then It stiffened up real bad for a day.
After that it got better for about 2 weeks and then started back down hill.

After 3 weeks of Physical therapy, they still can't tell me what these painful knots are other than
"abnormal subcutaneous tissue" whatever that means.

The only thing that seems to be helping is High Rep, No or Low weight exercises for the Low back and LOTS and LOTS of stretching exercises Daily.

PT showed me some great Exercises with the Big Ball and also those exercises where you are on your Knees and then you lift left arm and right leg alternating for about 50 reps at a time.
Swimmers I think they are called..
Great lower back recoup exercise..

Top Bottom