Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Google Chromecast

glennds

Hello all I am a long term member buy don't come on much anymore. I learned a ton on here on AAS section. hopefully someone will remember me.

I have a tech question. I have Google Chromecast to cast images from my phone or tablet to a TV in my living room. I have the device that plugs into the HDMI cable slot. it works great and way more convenient than lugging your laptop in and attaching with HDMI cable and using a mouse.

here is my question: to connect to another TV in house would I need to buy another Chromecast device? I can't think of way to cast images to TV other than that with connected device. in other words does one device work on more than one TV?

responses appreciated. Glenn :)

Hi glennds! I remember you from 10 or more years ago.

If you take the Chromecast device and plug it into another TV it should work just the same. If you don't want to move the device from TV to TV then you'd need to get another one so each TV has a dedicated Chromecast device, similar to how most TVs need their own cable box.

hi lestat I definitely remember you. thank you for response. yes it might be worth buying a second one. I didn't think it would so easily hookup to a second TV in house if I moved it. this was kinda of pain to set up and figure out how to cast as it was new to me.

I will have to check this out but when I use it now, and go to "Input" selection for DTV it comes up as "Bedroom" as I set it up on TV screen. I wonder if I move existing device to another TV in a different room it will automatically come up as "Bedroom" (although not actually bedroom). does it distinguish on its own its on a different TV if the device has already been programmed? hope this makes sense. guess I can try it.

I love technology but sometimes learning new stuff so goddamn tedious and boring. my sister bought me Apple TV for Xmas and been putting off setting it up just don't want to deal with the inevitable frustration.

I don't set up shit anymore...I make my kids do it. Don't have kids? Do you have a neighbor that has some? Borrow one! They work cheap!

I don't set up shit anymore...I make my kids do it. Don't have kids? Do you have a neighbor that has some? Borrow one! They work cheap!

i take the time and put up with the frustration to learn just about anything new w/technology. i am older in my 50s the world changes fast its important to keep up with things. i can usually fix most issues on PCs, laptop, smart phone etc. i own a an insurance business it saves me a lot of money on IT knowing how to set up and repair simple issues. usually its only the first time that is difficult and tech knowledge is cumulative.

i take the time and put up with the frustration to learn just about anything new w/technology. i am older in my 50s the world changes fast its important to keep up with things. i can usually fix most issues on PCs, laptop, smart phone etc. i own a an insurance business it saves me a lot of money on IT knowing how to set up and repair simple issues. usually its only the first time that is difficult and tech knowledge is cumulative.

i'm 51 and i own a tax and accounting practice and a business valuation/forensic accounting practice and i don't keep up with any of that shit...i can bill as much as $300 an hour depending on the project and i wouldn't waste one second of my time messing with any of that stuff...not to mention that my computer/techy guy's kids want braces and college too!

I recently bought a couple.. $35/ EA not bad. Depending on the device your casting from you can do a lot. Get one for each set

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom