Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frisky turns into mush at the service counter

Evil_Frisky

~Show Quality Bitch~
Platinum
Was at klu's favorite store today returning something at the service counter and struck up conversation with the lady behind me who just so happened to be an evacuee from New Orleans.

She was telling me how they had to be rescued and had to leave half her family behind for the boat to go back for them. Well the boat didn't go right back so her two sons swam and found a boat and went back and rescued the others in the apartment complex. Her family was divided. Her and her 5mth old baby ended up at the CajunDome and her husband and older sons ended up in Houston.

She told me that a family adopted them and bought clothes for the baby and the boys but she's been wearing the same two outfits for two weeks now. She's still waiting on FEMA to step in and help and the money she does have is running low fast.

I was afraid I was gonna offend her... but I gave her the little bit of cash I had in my purse. She was so greatful... Ya thats when I just broke down crying and had to hurry and give her a hug and run to the bathroom.

I wish I would have gotten her name and number now. I would have loved to be able to help a little more.

:rose:

good on ya girl... i would have done the same thing. but im afraid they may be lying and taking advantage. but still i would have gave something.

Frisky said:
Was at klu's favorite store today returning something at the service counter and struck up conversation with the lady behind me who just so happened to be an evacuee from New Orleans.

She was telling me how they had to be rescued and had to leave half her family behind for the boat to go back for them. Well the boat didn't go right back so her two sons swam and found a boat and went back and rescued the others in the apartment complex. Her family was divided. Her and her 5mth old baby ended up at the CajunDome and her husband and older sons ended up in Houston.

She told me that a family adopted them and bought clothes for the baby and the boys but she's been wearing the same two outfits for two weeks now. She's still waiting on FEMA to step in and help and the money she does have is running low fast.

I was afraid I was gonna offend her... but I gave her the little bit of cash I had in my purse. She was so greatful... Ya thats when I just broke down crying and had to hurry and give her a hug and run to the bathroom.

I wish I would have gotten her name and number now. I would have loved to be able to help a little more.

:rose:
i woulda cried too if i gave away some of my money

aaww...such a big heart..i know so many people here who would have been like...wow..sorry that sucks and just leave

Wow, incredible story. Glad you were able to help. I donated more money today. To the Red Cross this time, I hope that money actually gets where it is supposed to go. 9/11 was such bullshit when it came to the appropriation of the funds that were donated. Scientology got like 650K in NY.

Top Bottom