Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frackal is going to start investing: So...where do I start?

F

Frackal

What are some good things to read before I start putting my money into things? Probably mutual funds at first, then more later...the stock market is exactly my kind of thing. I am extremely frugal with my money, and don't like working (at least not mediocre blue collar/college kid shit).

Advice in general is welcomed too. M.O.D. and others....

The "Help Austin316 get more gear foundation" sounds good to me!! Seriously though, Id like to hear what people have to say also, Im clueless on this stuff

START CHECKING OUT THE WALL STREET JOURNAL YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!! JK FOOL!!!

IF YOU WANT I CAN GIVE YOU SOME RATIO'S AND WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AND WHAT THEY MEAN.......I.E......HOW FAST A FIRM TURNS OVER INVENTORY INTO CASH EACH YEAR. P/E RATIO'S, SHIT LIKE THAT. THATS SOME GOOD INFO IF YOU ARE GOING TO START PLAYING THE STOCK MKT.

YOUR HERO
KAYNE

PS......X-FILES SUK!!

Mutual funds and Variable Life Insurance. Worry about the long term i.e. plan for retirement. Short term = lots of risk & you get fucked with taxes.

Also I'd definately recommend that you get yourself a financial consultant.

-Warik

WARIK......IT WOULDNT BE TOO GOOD TO GET LONG TERM RIGHT NOW SINCE INTEREST RATES ARE SO LOW. IF HE GETS A LONG TERM, THEN HE IS LOCKED IN LOW INTEREST. BUY S.T. RIGHT NOW SO YOU CAN GET RID OF IT WHEN INTEREST GOES UP, WHICH THEY WILL.

KAYNE

Well I'm looking more for good books to read so I can get an overall view of the whole process....I know steel suggested a couple which I may purchase.

FRACKAL HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE TO INVEST? THIS MAY HELP[ WITH THE QUESTION ANSWERS. ALSO WHAT HAVE YOU GANKED FROM GNC SO FAR? ONCE I WORKED THERE AND A GUY SKED FOR DBOL.

KAYNE said:
WARIK......IT WOULDNT BE TOO GOOD TO GET LONG TERM RIGHT NOW SINCE INTEREST RATES ARE SO LOW. IF HE GETS A LONG TERM, THEN HE IS LOCKED IN LOW INTEREST.

What do you mean by "locked in low interest?" I just bought another 40 shares of one of my mutual funds and I'm in it for the long term. When the fund goes up $5 or $10 or $20, my shares are going to be worth that price no matter how bad the economy was when I bought them.

-Warik

Top Bottom