x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Fonz, and other RUGBY players.....

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Fonz, and other RUGBY players..... within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: I was in the gym liftin on Fri, and this guy comes up to me and starts talking. He's like...."would you be interested in playing Rugby"....apparently he was the coach of the All-Marine team last year. I'm just wondering how long would it take me to learn the game....I've always wanted to play.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Buck

Exclamation Fonz, and other RUGBY players.....

I was in the gym liftin on Fri, and this guy comes up to me and starts talking. He's like...."would you be interested in playing Rugby"....apparently he was the coach of the All-Marine team last year. I'm just wondering how long would it take me to learn the game....I've always wanted to play.

Do it!!! It won't take you long, there are not that many variations from football. I played for three years when I was 29-31 on a team, it was too damn much fun!

played last year, I learned by watching it on TV, I watched for about 2 years, finally I decided to play in a rec leauge with my friend.

If you don't do cardio on a regular basis, you better start, the game rarely stops.

As far as learning, you will pick it up as you go along, just go to a couple of practices.

I played for a bit in college. Crazy game, non stop, no pads. And rugby players party harder than any other group I've ever been around. A lot of the reason I failed out that semester.

DO IT!! From what I've seen of your stats on these boards, you would make an awesome forward. Either a prop or a flanker. If you haven't been serious with the cardio, I would suggest that you start working on it. At least go to a couple of their practices and see what it is like. If you want to give blood, play rugby!!! Let us know what happens!

Big Buck
    I'm in excellent cardio condition...I run all the time.

You'd be one scary fuck on the rugby field. You would tear someone apart. I think you should go for it!

When is the next practice? You could go out and buy a mouthpiece and check on some cleats (practicing in regular tennis shoes is a bitch!) But at least go out and check out how the practice is run, and at least see which position you would fit in. Since your in good/great cardio shape, then you shouldn't have a problem running continuously. A regular 15's match runs 40 minutes a half, two halves making up a match, with virtually no breaks in play, except for a 15 minute rest period between halves. Check it out!

Big Buck
    sounds fun...I just wanna hit people What position do u think I'll play? I'm 6'...245-250lbs.....very good sprinter!!!

Buck, with your size, you would definately be a forward. You may not be fat enough to be a prop, but with your build, more likely a flanker or a lock. There are several rugby sites online. Do a websearch and look for the rules and postions, concentrating on the forwards. As an aside, I hope you don't mind another guy hoisting his arm up between your legs in order to get a grip on your shorts This is needed in order to get a good bind in the scrum , the tighter the scrum, the easier it is to push the opposing side away from the ball. Pads???? who needs pads???