Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For the first time in 4 years I had to tell my "bosses" to take work off my plate

KillahBee

Felt like shit, to be honest. Even though they've been telling me I need to do that so I don't burn out, it still feels like defeat. Like I couldn't handle it.

I know that's not the case, considering 18hr. work days, but it still isn't in my nature.

It's good though, for my mental health.

What is a lot? A total of maybe 12-20 minutes a day? I wouldn't say a lot, if you actually think about it. But yeah, thinking isn't good nowadays I seessss

calveless wonder said:
is there even an incentive for you to work that hard? (besides the possibility of promotion?)

Several things here. 1) I am motivated almost solely by accomplishments. That's it. That's me. 2) I absolutely love my job. Love it. 3) In this industry, you work your cock off, build the resume, the experience, the contacts, and you make moves when the time is right. It ain't a get rich young type of deal. 4) I've gotten promoted to my current position faster than anyone in the history of my agency and have gotten mostly everything I have ever asked for (fuck, they let me work from home on the other side of the country, lol).

There's a ton of incentive. But there are times where you have doubt, many many times. I'd say that, in the last 4 years, this is the worst spot I have ever been in - in terms of workload. They know they fucked up by assigning me too many things in the same time frame, but that's the negative side of being the go-to guy.

Take a little break for awhile and fill in the extra time with things you enjoy or you'll end up in the er for a busted finger and them wanting to admit you to the hospital because your bp is 196/158.

Top Bottom