Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First 'first date' in a long time, need some advice

px1138

Alright, I really didn't want to post this, I was going to post under a different handle to save face, but ah who cares.

I am almost 21, just broke up with my girlfriend of 4.5 years (started dating her when I was 16) last month; we were in talks of marriage and everything, finally we both just snapped after to many arguments though. So I have been out of the dating circuit for a while, actually, I never was in it. I mean a 16 year old guy is never really too suave with the ladies.

OK, I met some really hot girl on my job (I do live computer technical support on campus), some how I got around to saying 'we should go out sometime', I didn't think she'd even respond, but she did "OK, when?" I said friday, blah blah blah, it caught me off guard.

Now the dilemna. I am really fucking nervous. I am to the point where I am considering calling her and telling her I can't make it. I'm afraid we will go out and it'll go really fucking bad, like we won't even be talking. I don't really party, ever, so I couldn't just take her to some social event so it's not like we are talking. SO dinner and a movie is pretty much the itinerary. Any advice from guys or ladies, on what to do on the first date, how to keep conversations going, and not feel awkward, or just general advice. thanks!

Relax...and breath...It's a date, don't cancel because you will really regreat it later.

Take her to dinner at a decent pub/restaurant type setup. You in a college town they're all over the place. Make sure it's not one frequented by the stumbling drunks. Just spend time with her over dinner talking about things that you want in life, the things she wants in life.

DO NOT GO NEAR THE X GIRL FRIEND ISSUE and DO NOT DRONE ON WITH HER ABOUT IT EITHER!

From a female here are some things you can not go wrong with:

Comedy Club
Dave and Busters (Adult video games and bar)
Go carts

Anything that is fun and makes you laugh. Let the place provide the good feelings and then everything will come naturally.

Star

make sure you load up on your protein and beans, girls are wildly attracted to you if you fart, especially if they smell like you shit in your pants, and if she asks if you farted look stunned and tell her who smelt it dealt it

thanks for the ideas thus far, anymore ideas? the more serious the better, but the joke ones are pretty fucking hilarious.

WODIN and Star are totally right

This is just a date, she's just a girl - try not to get too nervous! Don't cancel, even if it doesn't go well you'll have gotten this first one out of the way. If you don't want to be alone the rest of your life you're going to have to start dating at some point. Don't try and impress her, just be yourself. That can be a lot harder than it sounds. Seriuosly - forget about what you think she wants to hear and just say what's on your mind. And DEFINITELY avoid the ex girlfriend topic, she's not your shrink. Great idea to go to a comedy club, you guys will have something to distract you, and laughter really puts people at ease. Then go for a few drinks somewhere that the music isnt too loud to have a conversation, and get to know her.

kunta said:
make sure you load up on your protein and beans, girls are wildly attracted to you if you fart, especially if they smell like you shit in your pants, and if she asks if you farted look stunned and tell her who smelt it dealt it

This approach works well. Just don't lean over to one side to much when you ease one out, otherwise it's obvious.

VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE:

DO NOT CANCEL THE DATE!!!!

She'll hate you for it and you'll never have another chance with her. I know this by experience. I had my dream girl ask me out! It took me by surprise and I responded with the stupidest words I have ever said, "I can't because I have to go lift weights". I knew that wasn't what I wanted to say and I tried to take it back immediately after I said it but she still got pissed. One moment of nervousness ruined it with her. Don't be stupid like I was.

Top Bottom