x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

The fine line between OBSESSED and DEDICATED

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about The fine line between OBSESSED and DEDICATED within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: My girl has been giving me a lot of shit lately. She claims I'm obsessed, but I think I'm just extremely dedicated. I tell her... "Obsessed" is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. She mostly worries about all the supplements that I take, but she also thinks that I spend to much time in the gym. So what are you guys's opinions on the fine line between obsession and dedication. Maybe the two words describe the same person, or maybe they are two different worlds... WHO THE

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The fine line between OBSESSED and DEDICATED

My girl has been giving me a lot of shit lately. She claims I'm obsessed, but I think I'm just extremely dedicated. I tell her...

"Obsessed" is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. She mostly worries about all the supplements that I take, but she also thinks that I spend to much time in the gym. So what are you guys's opinions on the fine line between obsession and dedication. Maybe the two words describe the same person, or maybe they are two different worlds...

WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

Here's some questions you can ask your self, buldog: Do you organize your day around weight lifting? Will you put off or cancel plans just to lift weights? If you do miss a day, is it a big deal and does it really PISS YOU OFF? If so, then yeah, you may be obsessed. Weightlifting is done to make you a better person, inside and out. Anything taken to an extreme such as the examples above is grounds for obsession.

On the flip side, does weight lifting make you energetic and happy? Do you come home in a better mood cuz you had a good workout? Do you have more confidence and self esteem? If so, that's dedication. You're dedicated to something you love much like a relationship. At the same time it does not run your life and if you have to step away, you can.

I've heard girls drop this line before and no offense ladies, but its out of PURE INSECURITY! In your defense, this can go for guys too, I just don't see it happen as much. But it can. Are you in better shape than your girl, buldog? If so, that could make a girl afraid you will leave her for someone in better shape. It's natural I guess, but still insecure.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Shit Freak you just messed with my mind.
    I do that stuff...kinda funny but my parents always conspires with me. So I guess we both have problems.

Freak Show... Man it sounds like you've been in this game a while. You also sound like a wise dude simply because you think a lot like me What you said about the girls being insecure is a very good point. In our case this might be a little true to an extent allthough I'm not really sure. But I can honestly say that she does care about my health. She watch's me shove tons of supplements down my throat and that worries her.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Teach her what the stuff is and then when she understands it should get better.

I'm sure she likes the way you look right?

You bring up a good point freak show, with my girl its insecurity. When we first met i used to be an averaged sized guy and she really didnt care about me going out and chilling with other girls, now she cringes at the thought and always tells me how she doesnt trust other girls around me. On the flip side I do get mad at myself when i do miss a certain day of working out, i shouldn't let it bother me as much but I think back to the way i used to be and for some reason i always feel that when i miss days its just that much easier to miss another one, but i dont believe lifting makes me a better person inside i know its purely physical, but at the same time my girl knows she doesnt have the same dedication i do, to be able to do this 5 times a week.

Tell her to chill out or I am gonna have to come up and take her man

Star xoxoxo

Ha Ha...star your so cute. So when are we getting married
    Some times I wonder if I would have a better relationship with a fitness girl like your self.

Your girl doesn't work out at all?? Definately hard for her to understand then. I think most work out buffs obsess over their bodies....I know I do. My idea of what I should be and what I am makes for some pretty fucked up standards to live by. I would say to try and get her to go to the gym with you but I know that non- work out people find the gym boring. It's not until they see results that they get into it.

Star

yeah my girl always say im going to go workout soon but never does, I hate how she does that