Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Falcons' Buchanan suspended four games

cure

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons cornerback Ray Buchanan was suspended for four games Wednesday after he tested positive for anabolic steroids.

Buchanan, a Pro Bowler in 1998, has 27 interceptions over the last five years, more than any other player in the NFL.

Falcons coach Dan Reeves said he learned last week from the league that Buchanan, a 10-year veteran, may have tested positive for steroids.

The suspension begins with Sunday's home opener against the Chicago Bears. Buchanan can have no contact with the team during his suspension.

"No question that's a blow to our team,'' Reeves said. "We'll try to win football games with the people we have.''

Buchanan issued a statement saying he was guilty of an "inadvertent mistake.''

"Evidently, I took a supplement of some sort that had a steroid derivative in it,'' he said. "Either way, it was my mistake, and I will serve my penalty. I would like to apologize to my teammates, the Falcons organization and the Atlanta Falcons fans. I will learn from this.''

The 30-year-old Buchanan led the team with five interceptions last season and has 43 in his career.

Buchanan, a third-round draft pick by Indianapolis in 1993, re-signed with the Falcons last year. He received a six-year, $36-million contract that included a team-record $8 million signing bonus.

The Falcons signed cornerback Rodney Heath, recently cut by Carolina, to replace Buchanan on the roster.

Juran Bolden, who is questionable for Sunday's game because of an injury, will start for Buchanan if he's able to play.

"Evidently, I took a supplement of some sort that had a steroid derivative in it,'' he said. "Either way, it was my mistake, and I will serve my penalty. I would like to apologize to my teammates, the Falcons organization and the Atlanta Falcons fans. I will learn from this.''

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Holy shit! You mean to tell me that NFL players use AS? Boy, that's a news flash!:rolleyes: But, it's o.k., for Irvin & others to snort lines all day long? Guess it all depends on your superstar status, they must have different rules for them.

supertech69 said:
Holy shit! You mean to tell me that NFL players use AS? Boy, that's a news flash!:rolleyes: But, it's o.k., for Irvin & others to snort lines all day long? Guess it all depends on your superstar status, they must have different rules for them.

i agree with you yet Buchanan is probably one of the best cornerbacks in football. The Irvin BS is true though. Sexually assualt someone, start a bar brawl, get caught DUI that's all fine but get caught using steroids and it's a suspension.

Top Bottom