Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exposure=Influence?

WHO'S RIGHT?

• HE IS !

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • SHE IS!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Natural Wonder

Do we copy what we are exposed to?
Saturday night my girlfriend and I went to watch "The Fast and the Furious". When we got out of the theatre we felt like in a scene from the movie. There were hooked-up (mechanically enhanced) civics, accords, mustangs..... About 75% of the people driving those cars reved-up their engine and most of them spun their tires too.
My girlfriend argues that this was caused by the influence of the movie. She said that if there had been a scene (in the movie) where someone got hit by a car in a parking lot by a car spinning out, this behavior would of been drasticly reduced. I, on the other hand, just think that because so many people (teenagers) with the same interest (fast cars) gathered together in a parking lot. The behavior was natural and not cause by the movie.

Last edited:
I think it's both...

...obviously the kids had the cars B-4 the movie. Perhaps the movie influenced them to show off a little. Mainly, there were a bunch of folks with similar tastes in one place. Sort of like the freaks and geeks at a Sci-Fi convention.

These rice burners are a joke. I read an article where some kid had a supped up Acura integra that would go 125! Woo hoo, big fuckin deal! Most cars are geared to top out @ 120 - 140 range.

What a bunch of poser wanna be's..

velvett said:

Of course we copy what we are exposed to

So if I expose you to a hottie flashing a "Corn is dah man" logo across her chest, would you copy it?? wink*wink*nod*nod...

Cornholio said:

So if I expose you to a hottie flashing a "Corn is dah man" logo across her chest, would you copy it?? wink*wink*nod*nod...

Do you wana be dah man
or dah daddy

Top Bottom