Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DVDs play better on my PS2 than my regular DVD player

I kinda though so when playing regular DVDs but when I played some DVDs I burned from movies I downloaded the difference was really noticable. The picture was sharper and had fully color on my PS2. Anyone have any idea why?

The Whole F/N Show said:
I kinda though so when playing regular DVDs but when I played some DVDs I burned from movies I downloaded the difference was really noticable. The picture was sharper and had fully color on my PS2. Anyone have any idea why?

No idea. Usually it is the exact opposite. DVDs have a tendency to play better on a machine designed solely to play DVDs as opposed to the PS2. I also think the older the PS2, the more likely it is to get bad or play crappily.

I've heard this from my uncle too. With all DVD's. Is your "real" DVD player a progressive scan? It's not if it's more than 2+ years old. I think the PS2 has that built into it. Last year that was the MUST HAVE if you were gonna buy a DVD player.

flexygrl said:
I've heard this from my uncle too. With all DVD's. Is your "real" DVD player a progressive scan? It's not if it's more than 2+ years old. I think the PS2 has that built into it. Last year that was the MUST HAVE if you were gonna buy a DVD player.

No it not progressive scan so I wonder if that's it. Back when I bought this DVD player and cheapo Apex progressive scans where at least $200. I never use the PS2 for DVD playing since I already had a DVD but move that into another room so I decided to used my PS2 as the DVD player for the room it was in. I was surprised how good it played.

And it plays DVD+R just fine. I haven't been able to get a DVD+RW disc to work though.

flexygrl said:

Really??? I was not aware that the PS2 was Progressive Scan

I don't have a PS2. Just guessing. I did find this on the net:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=2927

It says that the new PS2 is a progressive scan with dvd-r compatibility. Maybe that's what he has. A progressive scan DVD player and an old one without it, IS NO comparision. Especially if you have a big screen. We had a really old dvd player and we have a huge 57 inch wide screen. Once we switched to a progressive scan the image qualitiy was amazing.

My take is the exact oposite too. My ps2 constantly screws up when I play a dvd. What kind of dvd player do you have?

I have an Apex 1200. I bought it while back mostly for playing VCDs. Playing DVDs was a bonus then I started buying more DVDs. It was cheap and played pretty much everything I threw at it. I think the newer a PS2 model is the better it plays DVDs. I bought mine last year.

Top Bottom