Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking=problems=Drinking...

Spud

For the past month Ive been going out to the bars three days a week(Thru-Sat.). I noticed I keep getting drunker and drunker the more I go out. I rarely ever drank before because of lifting but Im going through a pretty depressing time in my life right now(breakup) so Ive started to drink my problems away. Whenever Im drunk I feel care free and actually happy. Though I cant just drink moderately, I have to get plowed in order to have fun. Ive noticed that my lifting is suffering, my diet goes to shit on those days and I feel terrible the days after. Its even getting to the point where I dont remember parts of the night im so drunk, and that has NEVER happend to me before. I even skip workouts and class sometimes cause I feel so shitty from the night before. I really want to stop drinking but its my only escape from reality so to speak and I need that. Plus im from WI, so everybody drinks here to have a good time, and theres not much else to do. Im just wondering if there's anyone else that has this problem and how did you deal with it. Any help from you bro's will be greatly appreciated!

Well, if you are saying you are becoming an alcoholic (which it doesnt sound like that at all), there is AA.

I think you should stop worrying about the past man and look ahead to the future. Find another girl. Or spend time with friends. But don't drink just because there is nothing to do. That's very bad for you man.

gettinlarger said:
Well, if you are saying you are becoming an alcoholic (which it doesnt sound like that at all), there is AA.

some people would say he is an alcoholic already, or at least well on his way.

just stop drinking so much. sometimes i drink once a week, and i hate it when i do (afterwards, not while drinking, for the reasons you stated...feeling shitty sometimes and sleeping in). i prefer not to drink more than 2 times a month.

I used to get bent alot when i was in high school and for a few years out of high school. I'm talking every week, smashed, often twice a week. Why? because i had a lot of time on my hands and no responsibilites.

I basically stopped hanging out with the crowd i was with because i realised it would only get worse, found other interests including dance music and while that led me into recreational drug use, i never became 'addicted' not even close. I did it because i enjoyed it, not as an escape.

You have to find other interests. You sound bored, and boredom will lead you to substance abuse. If you have the time to get drunk 3 times a week, you obviously don't have enough other things in your life to keep you occupied.

I still love a social drink, but rarely get drunk.

Last edited:
to be honest, it sounds to me like you're not drinking enough. why are you neglecting sunday through wednesday? those are pefectly good days to drink on, plus bars are less crowded. i wake up every day single day a brush my teeth with a toothbrush dipped in jaegermeister, then i use what's left over to gargle with. on the way to work i try to pound a six pack...takes the edge off and i'm friendlier to coworkers, especially the female ones. while i'm at work and not hitting the funnel on break, i keep my beer hat with the tubes coming out of the beers full at all times. instead of going through the hassle of leaving my chair to piss all over myself at the urinal, i save time and just aim it into the cube next to me. dude's got a trashcan and a seriously dehyrdated ficus plant in there that i can hit every now and then.
realize that the drinking will further your depression. you're depressed to begin with and now you're taking a depressant to cope with it. finding a new girl to chill with is always a good cure for post-breakup depression. you're not going to find her when you're hammered all the time. i got bit by that this weekend. first time in a long time that a girl came up to me at a bar saturday night and started talking to me out of nowhere. she was attractive and funny as hell...had me laughing my ass off. but by that time i was on drink #8 and basically worthless as far as conversation goes. in a situation where i could've normally cracked some funnies and not been "too drunk guy," i was that guy. then you go home and kick yourself in the ass over it for a couple days. sucks...but that's what alcohol does.

I'm in the same position you are man. I drink 2-3 times a week myself. I don't think its that bad if its not effecting to many things in your life. I do it because I have rough weeks with school and school work and regular work so when I have the weekend of I like to enjoy it with my buddies. If you feel you have a problem see if you can find other things to do instead of drinking then. If you can't then you might have a problem.

My problem is I can't stay in and when I go out my friends are always drinking. Its like being traped. If I wanted to stop drinking for good I think it would be extremely difficult for me. I don't know if I would say I had a problem with alcohol yet. but we get along fine for now.

Thanks guys for your insights and advice, I appreciate your help. The last thing I want to happen is to become reliant on alcohol, something that I actually hated in the past. The fact that Im realizing that I have a problem gives me some hope that Im not a dipshit and that I can change and deal with my problems in more sensable ways.

Top Bottom