Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DOG OWNERS... if your dog pulls when you take them for a walk...

M

madbomber31

purchase a "gentle leader"... i've used mine for 8 months or so now and i have NO PROBLEM at all with walks... the dog NEVER pulls, its impossible... but mine broke (it got chewed by a dog i was watching) and then i tried to walk her.. unbelievable!!!

i just wanted to give that advice...

madbomber31 said:
purchase a "gentle leader"... i've used mine for 8 months or so now and i have NO PROBLEM at all with walks... the dog NEVER pulls, its impossible... but mine broke (it got chewed by a dog i was watching) and then i tried to walk her.. unbelievable!!!

i just wanted to give that advice...

Thanks. I'm going to try this. My dog George was so badly abused as a pup that I've never even tried ANY formal training with him. It was hard enough (and took forever) just to get him to trust that I wasn't going to smack him. He pulls like an insane landmine detector on walks... and I've been looking for a non obedience form of no pull training.

i went with a choke chain with my mutt. thats what the dog training people said to use

the gentle leader looks like a muzzle but its not... it loops around the snout and the neck.. the dog can eat, drink, bark, bite... it can do anything it usually can... except pull... it works like a harness on a horse.. its about 20 bucks and worth every penny.. i forgot how well it worked until mine broke... i just fixed it though :)

The gentle leaders do work very well, Sofa G if your dog was abused it will take a long time for him to get over that. You need to use positive reinforcement for your trainning. Use treats and make it a game. He will learn first that it is fun do sit stay ect. As his confidence grows you can be more firm with him.

ya, he also may not like you putting a something around his face...

Top Bottom