Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dog Owners... Dog Training Questions

M

madbomber31

i have 2 dobes... the first one was trained by me with "PETSMART" help... took the 8 week course, 1 hour per week... she is a fantastic dog and obeys pretty good... but could be better on the leash with heels...

my questions are: how did you train your dogs... do you think "in home" trainers are more thorough? get more out of it?

my problem with pet smart and similar places are: its 1 hour per week with distractions but the dogs really only work for 15 minutes or so.. the rest is you learning what to do on your own at home.. it's different at home though, no distractions, sometimes you dont have the time or energy to train, etc...

this new pup of mine is a boy... he's going to be a very dominant dog as he already takes my female on (94lbs).. he's going to need to obey me AND MY WIFE... as the female really only listens to me since i trained her.

the only books i read are harry potter and "how the eagles own the gnats".. thats my favorite.

BLITZ99 said:
the only books i read are harry potter and "how the eagles own the gnats".. thats my favorite.

go to library and take one out. my favorite book is, "The team that has never won a superbowl and will never win one aka the eaglets."

come on, you know know they are going to choke at the end.

I took both my dogs to a dedicated class. It was like 250 bucks, you and the other owners learn how to train the dog while training the dog.

On the leash, get a Gentle Leader. It rocks.

i have a gentle leader for the big one, she pulls....

for once fistfull makes sense, but i want a little help.

I don't have dobermans but I have a dachshund.

I trained mine at my house after a surgery that was botched and I was out of work for three months. I'm the only one who can control him. My wife and kids can get him to do a few things but when he knows he fucked up he fears me. He will do anything I command him to do. Fucker is smarter than my kids.

i dont want a dobe to fear me... that leads to a bite and aggression.. i want him to respect me, that leads to a life time of loyalty.

fistfullofsteel said:
go to library and take one out. my favorite book is, "The team that has never won a superbowl and will never win one aka the eaglets."

ouch!!! :evil:

Top Bottom