Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does closing and then re-opening a credit card affect your credit at all??

PinkPanther

I closed my credit card like two weeks ago, but now I just found out that a prescription that I am getting isn't covered by my insurance, and it's going to be very pricey. I just called and had my account re-opened, but I am just wondering how this affects your credit, if it does. My plan is to pay it off within the next like two weeks, and then re-close it, but just was wondering if this was bad for my credit. Any thoughts/input will be much appreciated!!!

PinkPanther

Question: Why are you posting this at Elite fitness.com? Why don't you try calling up a credit counselor or something? Or finding a website on credit.

b/c I am at work and don't really have time to be messing around looking stuff up or talking on the phone anymore...just wanted to see if anyone on here knew off hand...there are a lot of things posted on here that have nothing to do with anything related to fitness...hence the "Chat and Conversation" Board...

PinkPanther said:
I closed my credit card like two weeks ago, but now I just found out that a prescription that I am getting isn't covered by my insurance, and it's going to be very pricey. I just called and had my account re-opened, but I am just wondering how this affects your credit, if it does. My plan is to pay it off within the next like two weeks, and then re-close it, but just was wondering if this was bad for my credit. Any thoughts/input will be much appreciated!!!

PinkPanther

Did you have any debt on it ? Did you ever make the minimum payment ?

doesn't affect it really, but if you have mulitple inquires on your credit history, then that should affect your credit scoring......

Top Bottom