Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Clonidine cause muscle weakness?

plifter

Banned
I'm currently being treated for opiate dependency. I had surgery to remove some bursitus and shave a bone spur. The surgeon prescribed Lortab for the pain. Well, I fell in love with the hydrocodone. I soon found a doctor that prescribed it to me. I'm now trying to get off of this medicine. It's been hard and I keep lapsing. I went 4 days last week without taking any Lortabs at all so I think I'm on the cusp of recovery.

I've been seeing two psychiatrists and one psychologist to help me kick the habit. They prescribed Clonidine to ease the withdrawal symptoms. I've felt like hell the past week and I'm just not hard core enough of a powerlifter to train when feeling so sick. Today I had a really good day physically. I decided to hit the gym. I started warming up on the flat bench with an empty bar. The bar felt too heavy for a 45 pound (20 kilo) bar. At first I thought maybe the bar was not constructed for any standard size . I switched bars and loaded it up to 95 pounds. It felt heavier than norma. I continued warming up and got to 185 for 8 reps and that set exhausted me. I then went up to 225 and it took every bit of my strength to get 3 reps. Keep in mind that 7 days ago 185 was warm up weight and I could do 10 reps with 225. Does anyone have any idea how I just lost all of my strength in a week? The only thing I can think of is the Clonidine because it lowers blood pressure.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm terrified right now could use help.

P.S.: Please don't make this a flame throwing thread. Right now I'm not doing well physically or mentally

damn bor, good luck on recovery.
maybe you just had a weak day? they do happen

eat big said:
Scroll down under side effects, said extreme weakness is a symptom.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202152.html

Thanks for posting that link! That made my day just to know that it is a few damned pills that are causing my strength loss. I'll be off from this shit as soon as I kick the Lortab habit.

You can imagine my horror when I struggled to put up 225 for 3 reps on the flat bench. I had done 10-12 reps with it the week before.

Top Bottom