Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone know how to get rid of split shins?

sry nyeah shin splints. and i havent made a huge ass thread on it, yet.

I have no clue. My old roommate (well, we shared a washroom, not actual bedrooms though) used to get shin splints from the indoor track at my university... don't know what she did to get rid of them, though. I think she just left them and they went away on their own? I don't even know what shin splints are, LOL

there have been a lot of threads on shin splints lately.

here's what I did:

ice
anti-inflams
stretch the calf and the shin
wore a neoprene leg sleeve which helped a lot

Buy better shoes.. dont run on concrete.. they will usually heal over time.

When I was in the Marines a lot of guys would get them from constant running on concrete with crappy shoes.. or worse in combat boots.

Shin splints actually have NOTHING to do with the bone. It is the muscles of your lower leg inflaming and actually seperating itself from the bone. By taking an anti-inflamatory you can stop that from happening. The most common reason for shin splints is an underdeveloped tibialis anterior muscle. When it becomes overused, it will become inflamed (muscle, capsule, or both) or can even become torn near the insertion points.

Stretch...

strengthen all the muscles in that area, it's often due to a strength imbalance between the anterior tibialis and calf muscles. but what is commonly referred to as 'shin splints' may be one of 3 or 4 different conditions.

Top Bottom