Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you correct other people's grammar mistakes?

EnderJE

EF VIP
Not here. Lord knows we type good engrish here.

At work. Today, I did and the person did NOT appreciate it.

My internal response was "if you can't even do that right, what makes me have any confidence in your ability to complete your actual deliverables?"

If I did that on Elite, that's all I'd have time to do.

Id do it if I were responsible for that person's work. Not sure that Id do it in a conversation - like say someone used a word incorrectly. I probably wouldnt say anything. But in print, if I have to sign off or appove, then hell yeah. People often ask me to proof read or edit their stuff b/c I have a good eye for it I suppose.

I do correct my son when he uses incorrect grammar but I dont do it in a critical way. I just repeat the proper word or usage right after he makes the mistake. So if he says "I swimmed at the pool yesterday" Then I simply say "swam". And he says "YEAH, SWAM". And we keep talking.

Smurfy said:
Id do it if I were responsible for that person's work. Not sure that Id do it in a conversation - like say someone used a word incorrectly. I probably wouldnt say anything. But in print, if I have to sign off or appove, then hell yeah. People often ask me to proof read or edit their stuff b/c I have a good eye for it I suppose.

I do correct my son when he uses incorrect grammar but I dont do it in a critical way. I just repeat the proper word or usage right after he makes the mistake. So if he says "I swimmed at the pool yesterday" Then I simply say "swam". And he says "YEAH, SWAM". And we keep talking.

At work, I have to sign off on the guy's reports that work under me. I just sign them. You can't teach a person 10 years worth of school overnight. Some people will never be able to write properly.

EnderJE said:
Not here. Lord knows we type good engrish here.

At work. Today, I did and the person did NOT appreciate it.

My internal response was "if you can't even do that right, what makes me have any confidence in your ability to complete your actual deliverables?"

I live in south Mississippi, that shit would be a full-time job.

Kids yes, husband if he asks or if he says something so funny he cracks me up.

biteme said:
At work, I have to sign off on the guy's reports that work under me. I just sign them. You can't teach a person 10 years worth of school overnight. Some people will never be able to write properly.

You misspelled "most".

I agree that it's almost never worth the time.

Top Bottom