Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do not ever ever ever ever

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
Declaw a cat. Im an idiot and declawed my cat for the first time 5 years ago and Im convinced that it is the cause of his behavior problems. I feel so bad. I didnt know any better. I'd never declawed a cat before - and for some reason thought it would be a brilliant idea to get these two declawed.

Well, one turned out okay, and the other is always a nervous neurotic wreck. I cant explain it any other way because I've never had such a strange cat. He actually pulls out his own hair. Poor guy. Plus, now that I live away from traffic, I could let them outside, but now I cant, they are prisioners in my house and its my fault

Lesson learned. :(

Declaw a cat. Im an idiot and declawed my cat for the first time 5 years ago and Im convinced that it is the cause of his behavior problems. I feel so bad. I didnt know any better. I'd never declawed a cat before - and for some reason thought it would be a brilliant idea to get these two declawed.

Well, one turned out okay, and the other is always a nervous neurotic wreck. I cant explain it any other way because I've never had such a strange cat. He actually pulls out his own hair. Poor guy. Plus, now that I live away from traffic, I could let them outside, but now I cant, they are prisioners in my house and its my fault

Lesson learned. :(

My cAT (BEFORE i TURNED ALLERGIC) did the same thing. He acted nuts for about 2 weeks, then he was fine. Vet said it was a reaction to the meds they used to knock him out

My cAT (BEFORE i TURNED ALLERGIC) did the same thing. He acted nuts for about 2 weeks, then he was fine. Vet said it was a reaction to the meds they used to knock him out

You turned allergic?? That can happen? No shit.

Mine's been acting crazy for years now. He's almost untrustworthy - he's still good with the litter box thank god.

Sorry, but de-clawing a cat is cruel. It's the anatomical equivalent of cutting off your fingertips down to the first joint. Outside the USA, vets in most civilized countries will refuse to do it.

As for your neurotic cat, he'd probably be neurotic even if he wasn't an amputee.

Sorry, but de-clawing a cat is cruel. It's the anatomical equivalent of cutting off your fingertips down to the first joint. Outside the USA, vets in most civilized countries will refuse to do it.

As for your neurotic cat, he'd probably be neurotic even if he wasn't an amputee.

I didnt understand that to be so. I really didnt. I wouldnt ever do it again. I feel bad. :(

declawing a cat is actually amputating the top joint of their "toes"...a lot of people don't realize it.

I'm not saying it to make you feel worse, cindy, because I am guilty of it too, and I feel shitty about it now. I had three cats growing up and we declawed each without knowing what the proceedure really was.

I didnt understand that to be so. I really didnt. I wouldnt ever do it again. I feel bad. :(

Sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. And vets don't explain the procedure properly, in my opinion. It would scare off customers, and they want the $$$. It's not your fault if you were deceived.

Just continue to be a loving human companion for your cats. And don't let it happen again. :)

declawing a cat is actually amputating the top joint of their "toes"...a lot of people don't realize it.

I'm not saying it to make you feel worse, cindy, because I am guilty of it too, and I feel shitty about it now. I had three cats growing up and we declawed each without knowing what the proceedure really was.

I didnt know what it was either, and after the fact people would tell me that and I would roll my eyes...but everything that they said was true and my cat is crazy because of it. He over grooms himself and pulls out his hair and is scared of everything

You turned allergic?? That can happen? No shit.

Mine's been acting crazy for years now. He's almost untrustworthy - he's still good with the litter box thank god.

ea, when I was in my early 20s. I was in MAJOR denial bc I loved my Chewy (my cat). My doc kept saying I was allergic to him. I kept trying to blame it on trees or grass and running outside.
My chest started getting tight (WAY BAD) when I was home.
My doc did an allergy test. Tested me for 60something things.
0-3 scale. I was a 0 for all alergies ..... except cats. I scored a 3+ for both cat dander and saliva. Had to give chewy away so I wouldn't die. It sucked.
To be allergic to something, you need to be exposed to it.
Have they told you the stuff about milk and peanut butter for the trimesters of pregnancy? That's why.

Top Bottom