Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do not ever ever ever ever

Cruelty at its worst. I'm sad for your creatures.

Declaw a cat. Im an idiot and declawed my cat for the first time 5 years ago and Im convinced that it is the cause of his behavior problems. I feel so bad. I didnt know any better. I'd never declawed a cat before - and for some reason thought it would be a brilliant idea to get these two declawed.

Well, one turned out okay, and the other is always a nervous neurotic wreck. I cant explain it any other way because I've never had such a strange cat. He actually pulls out his own hair. Poor guy. Plus, now that I live away from traffic, I could let them outside, but now I cant, they are prisioners in my house and its my fault

Lesson learned. :(

Give em some Zoloft or something. He has a form of OCD.

What do you say to someone whose cat rips sofas and curtains and scratches babies and other stuff?

For many people who have cat out of contorl anti-social cats - it's either declawing or give it to the pound where it most likely will be put to sleep.

So the option becomes: declaw or let it be put down? Which is better?

r

What do you say to someone whose cat rips sofas and curtains and scratches babies and other stuff?

For many people who have cat out of contorl anti-social cats - it's either declawing or give it to the pound where it most likely will be put to sleep.

So the option becomes: declaw or let it be put down? Which is better?

r
As I've stated before, I've owned cats all my life, and all of my son's life. The only time my son was ever scratched badly by a cat he was about 3 and he was abusing a cat (trying to pick it up). I had told him repeatedly that it was no, and tried to never let him be alone with any of the cats, but a girl has to pee sometimes. Truthfully, the cat taught my son what he refused to learn from me. It was not pretty but he survived unscarred and stopped trying to pick them up.

As for the rest of it, as I've explained previously, if a cat does not have a satisfactory outlet for scratching it will scratch where ever it can. And guess what, if you don't provide them a satisfactory place to shit and piss, they just might do it in your bed. If you want to keep pets, you should at least educate yourself rudimentarily about their behavior and be willing to do more than just sling some food at them occasionally. A pet is not a robot or a stuffed toy, it is a living, breathing being, with instinctive drives and it's own particular needs and wants. Better to think of a pet as essentially a small, furry, eternal toddler. If you aren't willing to take on the responsibility for caring for that toddler appropriately, and that means providing it with the "toys" and mental stimulus to be physically and mentally happy, then maybe you need to rethink pet ownership.

If you bring a kitten or young cat into a house where there's always a scratching post, and play with them around the post, they quickly learn, and enjoy, doing the right thing.

I have furniture, I have curtains, I have six cats and all they use to scratch is this (this is from the website, not any of my cats):

McG%201.jpg

Cat Scratching Post by TopCat Products

poor kitty....just do the best you can.

i would never think of declawing any of the cats i've had though...just seems unnatural (aside from the actual physiology aspect of it). my bengal would be miserable without her claws, its part of her character to be a hunter even as an indoor cat

musclemom;8820188s said:
As for the rest of it, as I've explained previously, if a cat does not have a satisfactory outlet for scratching it will scratch where ever it can. And guess what, if you don't provide them a satisfactory place to shit and piss, they just might do it in your bed. If you want to keep pets, you should at least educate yourself rudimentarily about their behavior and be willing to do more than just sling some food at them occasionally. A pet is not a robot or a stuffed toy, it is a living, breathing being, with instinctive drives and it's own

Do you really think people at the pet store goign 'Awww look at the cute kitty!! Little Susie loves it! Let's buy it for her' is going to go to EliteFitness and read that proverb first??

Nope.

So that doesn't answer the question. Americans are retards and go out buy 'cute little kitty!!!' first and then realize cat is clawing the furniture later.

And then you get the option of put it to sleep and make little susie cry ... or declaw it. So that's the options unless you want to start making PSA commercials on TV advising cat purchasers to have 'outlets for it's scratching' before buying it.

And since u can't do that - the declawing will continue.

r

Top Bottom