Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Despite almost being beaten to death, Woman charged with murder for defending herself

WODIN said:
Chicken little. LOL!!!

In PA it is considered man slaughter if you kill someone in self defense. That's right now and has nothing to do with gun control.

i find it rather odd that you find it funny that a person can no longer defend themselves or their family against a violent aggressor without becoming a criminal themselves. (which i doubt is true, because if this was the case in PA, people would be hitting the streets).

so it is ok for cops to use deadly force to defend themselves, but it is not ok for the general population to do the same? you're ok with this?

all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others, huh?

Re: Despite almost being beaten to death, Woman charged with murder for defending her

WODIN said:
In PA it is considered man slaughter if you kill someone in self defense. That's right now and has nothing to do with gun control.

This is just plain wrong. Stupid yankees are asking to be mugged there.

Stupid liberal yankee - "Come on muggers mug me and beat me to death and I won't hit or shoot back. because I am a stupid yankee liberal and I respect your rights. Dang, I thank God I live in Texas where people actually use their brain.

NJjuice22 said:
uhm, you dont shoot someone unless you intend to kill them...this aint the movies where you see them shooting people in the kneecaps to take them down.

Following this line of reasoning then I guess it might be pretty safe to say that one does not beat someone about the head badly enough to fracture their eye-socket and skull unless they intend to kill that person. C'est nes pas?

My line of though, as someone who knows how to actually fight, you generally don't HIT someone unless you have some expectation to causing permanant damage or death... so someone hitting you is justification to kill them. SOmeone starts a fist fight withyou and they die during the fight... its self defense, at least in my mind. Granted my opinion is not the law.

MAX 300 said:
I guess you don't like dealing with FACTS.

She didn't pull the gun when she was pummelled to death, she shot him after the attack.

The law down here still differentiates between self-defence and revenge, if you have a problem telling the two apart then you really shouldn't qualify for owning a gun.

I'm going to teach you something and I hope you can get this through your skull:

- in Canada you can legally shoot someone after being beaten cause you were basically fearing for your life. LEO shoot robbers on a monthly basis after the fact. Go on, beat a cop and then turn your back. Trust me, you'll end up in ER...

Werd said:
but I have trouble remembering where I left my keys or what I had for breakfast, have to read and reread passages as I often forget what I just finished reading.
this reminds me of my long-ago pot smokin' daze

MAX 300 said:
You are speculating a lot on this incident:

She gave a TV interview, for $100,000, afterwards. She was also filmed immediately after the attack, when she was standing upright, hands on her hips next to the scene.
perhaps she took the 100K because maybe she doesn't want to get the hell beat outta her for a relatively lowpaying security job
I don't think I'd pass on a 100K after getting the beat shit outta me
for the record though,I see both "sides" points on this
makes for a good thread

MAX 300 said:
We can't just kill everybody BBF, armed robbery and violent assault deserve harsh prison sentences not the death penalty.

Again, this woman did not kill in self-defence. This story was very big in the news here, after the incident she gave a long interview to a current affair show for $100,000 and she has since refused to talk to the police.

If she acted in self-defence she would have come clean to the police straight away, she was also filmed straight after the attack, she seemed to have very good recollection of the incident then and later in her TV interview. At the time she shot the armed robber, who had assaulted her, he was in the car trying to get away and clearly not posing a thread to her.

She is an armed and trained security guard, you can't tell me that she wouldn't know about shooting out car tyres instead of shooting the driver. As she fired the shot she was in the immediate vicinnity (sp?) of the car, but it was not coming or swirving towards her, in fact it's not actually clear if the robber had managed to get the car started.

Have you ever tried shooting at tires while a car is running away ? If you did it and punched both tires then you're a God... and actually, it's seen as gross negligence for a cop to shoot at tires in an urban area cause the bullet could potentially deflect on the mags/rims.

p0ink said:
i find it rather odd that you find it funny that a person can no longer defend themselves or their family against a violent aggressor without becoming a criminal themselves. (which i doubt is true, because if this was the case in PA, people would be hitting the streets).

so it is ok for cops to use deadly force to defend themselves, but it is not ok for the general population to do the same? you're ok with this?

all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others, huh?
I found it to be an odd law but when I moved here but hey its on the books.

Top Bottom