Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crossroads lessons in lifE

H

HighIntensity

I entered college in the fall of 1995; at the age of eighteen…I could not tell you much more about myself then my birth name. A messy family situation had stolen much of my childhood and left me void of a true identity. For the first time in 18 years I was free of my parents divorce and practically raising my little brother. I was skinny, unsure of myself and innocent to the ways of the world, but I was determined to learn it all. My first year of college was more or less a quick read in what it is to be a modern teenager. Everything was practically new to me, women, having lots of friends, drugs, even learning the newest fashions. I soaked it all up like a sponge, unfortunately neglecting the reason I was at college, to study. Within a year I was dismissed and left to go back home.

I did not mind being home anymore, I continued where I left off when being away at college. I attended a local community college, which brought further lessons in the book of street smarts. There I also found at the age of 20, the weight room. It was a tinny hole in the wall in which every guy was three times my size and I could at most bench 20 pounds on each side. But I worked my ass off from day one and found I was obsessed with the ability the iron provided me to change my body forever. I also began to date on the regular, and realized I had quite a romantic touch with women. And I finally bought something I had coveted for years, a car and just not any car but a dream machine, a 1995 twin turbo rx-7 repainted viper blue. Lets just say with becoming a personal trainer three years later, then dating one of the hottest women I have ever seen for a year and partying almost every night, life was good for a solid three years plus.

Fast forward to the end of my community college experience, my father (whom I do not live with) tells me that he will pay for me to go to a major college if I want. At this point in my life I had slowed down the partying when I met a new girl who was to become the love of my life. Now as I write this post three years later I am about to graduate this May from the University. The three and a half relationship is now over, most of my home friends have long term GFs, are occupied with work or have moved away. My friends here at Udel are young and have a couple of years left. So I am going back home, but for this first time in eight years I again feel alone. I have my brother and mom (ill soon be moving to the city with my bro) my body and two or three close friends left at home. Gone are the parties, the hundreds of acquaintances, the lack of responsibility. Reality is here and I am at a crossroads…Is this the beginning of getting old…

i can semi relate.

i just graduated from university. Making the transition between sleeping in everyday into 12, to running my own business with the associated responsibilties.

Ive got a couple of good friends. My parents are unstable/unsupportive. I feel like Im pushing a big heavy ball, up a steep hill.

I focus on things I can change, and surround myself with supportive, healthy people. I dont worry about the rest. Try not to anyway.

I am probally a good 10 years your senior my friend...I still party my ass off....with, or without friends...It's all good....

Ranger

Oh Yeah....The crossroads...tis the begining of marurity...which means, ya party a bit safer now...<wink>

Top Bottom