Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

credit rating help

SoreArms

I just did a credit check and I have a poor score.

I'm currnetly looking for a place to move out with my bro's and while they have good credit, I'm afraid that the focus will be on me because I make more money and I'll be responsible for the majority of the rent.

Anything I can do, like set up a payment plan on delinquent accounts or file disputes, to bring my score up a few points in the few days or so?

And before any of you lecture me on "why weren't you responsible in the first place" please don't bother. I am already taking some steps to correct my financial irresponsibilities, that is not the type of help I need right now.

Thanks

If you have any unpaid collections, pay them. it will not immediately raise your score but lenders will like you better.

You can also dispute some of the negative items; you are likely to win at least some of them.

Good luck.

And change your location, please.

1) pay them off

2) ensure you get letters from every one of them verifying you paid them off

3) get letters from former landlord stating you were a good tenant and paid on time.

4) get letter from employer showing f/t status.

5) hand it all in with credit application.

6) change your location.

Having debt in the past is actually a good thing as long as you're now all paid up.

Dealing with banks is an absolute nightmare.

Don't just "pay" anything man

Companies can't lie on your credit report. So if you owed Sears 1k collection for example they cant under any circumstance, even if you pay it, really remove the derogatory, just change the status.

What they can do though is sign as part of the settlement a non verifiability agreement with you.

If they are willing (and that will usually only be upon final payment) then you dispute the credit charge with all three reporting agencies. They will then have 30 days to verify the item or remove it from your report. Sears then in this hypothetical example would be obligated to report to the agency that they cannot verify the item, and the credit bureaus would be forced to remove the charges.

I would attempt to do this with every item if I were you, and if you can afford it in addition to the rest, hire an attorney to act on your behalf. You'll most likely have to move up the food chain when attempting to negotiate these matters, so dont stop with whichever agent first picks up the phone. And be certain to get it all in writing prior to sending a check (whcih is why an attorney would be best)

This would be the quickest way to better credit. You may already know limit inquiries (they lwoer your score) and large balances also bring down your score.

Top Bottom