Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cosmetic Dentistry... porcelain veneers

SgtSlaughter

Any Elite Fitness people out there have any insight?

I already had my first consult and had molds taken. My dentist is a "family friend" so I'm sure he is going to cut me a deal, ect... but just curious if any of you out there had it done and have anything I should ask about before getting them done, ect..

I'll throw some Karma to those of you whom provide helpful info.

Oh, another thing: I'm thinking about getting a second opinion in the area because "my guy" doesn't have any "before and after" photos of previous clients (that would have sealed the deal for me, if they were done well).

I hope some Bros and Broetts have had similar Dentistry performed!!

I'm interested in this too. I think I'll have it done at some point, but at about $1k per tooth, it's way outta my range right now. My aunt is a cosmetic dentist, and she told me that getting the the 8 front teeth on the top and front 6 or 8 on the bottom is pretty standard. By my estimation, that's about 15k with the office visits and stuff. What figures were you quoted if I might ask?

Also, I wouldn't count on getting a deal unless your dentist is in private practice or a partner or something. If he/she works for a bigger hospital, etc... everything they perform and bill for is documented, and it's probably not worth their job/liscense to save you a couple bucks. Just FYI...

I'm going to talk price next visit when he has a better idea of what should be done.

Yeah I'm looking at the top 6. He is the founder of a private practice ;)

I'm more interested in bonding, myself. Cheaper, and no real damage to the tooth.

I'm not exactly sure what he's going to do... we will talk about that my next visit.

Bonding: not exactly sure how that comes out, I ASSume it's a veneer simply bonded ontop of the natural tooth.

Any personal experiences with veneers out there?

I belief bonding and sealing are the same thing. No veneer is used...they actually coat your teeth in some sort of plastic like stuff.

Ok... I'm getting veneers to change the appearance and shape. That doesn't sound like bonding would be what I was looking for.

Sounds like they do that to "re-vamp" the enamel?

Top Bottom