Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cosmetic Dentistry... porcelain veneers

Ok... cool. Very interesting! I'm not exactly worring about "economics" or the money factor of it. But bonding sounds very unintrusive, I'll bring it up on my next consultation visit. Thanks!

:coffee:

Hey, check that site. They have info on all your options, including veneers.

Those luminaire veneers are new and sound like the best option if money isn't a big deal...and they don't have to take much off your teeth at all.

I have 2 veneers. I got them about 6 years ago. I've since been to another dentist who had no idea that I even had them.

When I was younger I had an asshole dentist 'shave' down my teeth to make room for my molars. When the molars came, it turned out that I had enough room & he didn’t need to ‘shave’ them at all. Then he suggested braces to bring the teeth back together again. Needless to say I switched dentists & went with the veneers instead of the braces.

Anyway, I also have had many teeth bonded. Any silver fillings I had are now white (bonded). I had my front tooth bonded 3 times! I got hit the mouth with a baseball and the very bottom chipped off. The bonding would only last about 3 or 4 months & then it chipped again. Finally the dentist just ‘shaved’ it to make it even. You can’t tell at all. So, in my experience, the bonding isn’t good to fill in spaces or chips. It wasn’t as strong as the veneers.

I’ll go look for some pictures to compare.

sgtslaughter said:
Thanks Skittles!! You rock! I gave you 110% of my karmic power for the personal experience!

:coffee:

No problem & thanks ;)

I sent you a pm if you want to see pics - I'll post them & take them down again...lol.

I haven't had experience with veneers but was also looking at getting some appearance changes made. I am opting for Invisalign braces (invisible mouthguards - as I am 25 and would be embarrassed with conventional braces) which can be seen at http://www.invisalign.com
I have had the moulds taken and am waiting on the video to come back on what the transition will be.
I am also looking for a good laser whitening option (want it done professionally).

For personal experiences with veneers, have a look at http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=dentistry+veneers&hl=en

Top Bottom