Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Correct me if i'm wrong- but isn't the biggest problem in the history of humanity...

Lift Chief

Holding onto one view or belief so strongly that you believe you are right and everyone else is wrong?

Nationalism, religion, etc...

Nationalism was the biggest scourge of the 20th century...

Countless deaths have been perpetrated using one religion or another as justification.

And so on...

For the average person- if they feel as though they know the truth then everyone else who does not hold the same views as them must be following lies. Someone who follows lies can only be ignorant and naive... and it is alright to go to war against those who are ignorant if you know the truth.

The exact reason that science has so many checks and balances in it so that someone can't say "this is right and prefect" without much discussion, analysis, and proper testing.
If they are wrong, then they will admit it and word is out that it is wrong.
Everything is assumed to be wrong unless proven otherwise.

Throughout human history, there has been no idea more destructive or more regressive than the idea that everyone should be like oneself.

NoDaddyNo said:
The exact reason that science has so many checks and balances in it so that someone can't say "this is right and prefect" without much discussion, analysis, and proper testing.
If they are wrong, then they will admit it and word is out that it is wrong.
Everything is assumed to be wrong unless proven otherwise.

One of the reasons why i have so much respect for the scientific method.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Throughout human history, there has been no idea more destructive or more regressive than the idea that everyone should be like oneself.

Goes hand in hand with believing the views you hold are the truth.

Wouldn't want everyone else to be like you if you felt you weren't correct in your beliefs...

sociopolitical philosophy is just as dangerous. in the 20th century it was very dangerous as the communists, the islamic fundamentalists, the fascists, the ba'athists and a variety of other politcal groups tried to remake humanity in their own image.

Lift Chief said:

Countless deaths have been perpetrated using one religion or another as justification.

religion didnt kill that many people in the 20th century. most were killed by fascists or communists.

nordstrom said:

religion didnt kill that many people in the 20th century. most were killed by fascists or communists.

Arguable... but i was referring to it over the course of human history... not just the 20th century.

No, people who use metal utensils on teflon coated pans is whats wrong with the world!

Top Bottom