Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Computer Virus Disabled Virus Scanning Software! WTF!!!

Fast Twitch Fiber

I got a nasty virus and possibly multiple viruses. I have McAfee virus scan but this virus has shut it down. When I try to scan the virus scanning program just shuts down. I downloaded a trial version of Norton Antivirus but it won't install properly. When I attempt to run it I'm told that I need to re-start my PC first (obviously I tried that and have re-started it numerous times). I ran Stinger but it didn't find anything. I'm also getting nailed with some major spyware and adware. When I open my web browser I get nothing but an endless stream of pop ups. Any ideas on what to do? Mcafee has a pay service where they take control of your PC by remote and they remove your viruses and spyware.

I've also tried installing Mcafee Firewall to prevent this in the future but this virus won't even let me do that (I know, I'm a dumbass for having a DSL connection and no protection).

I would love to find the geek(s) that did this to me! There would be some serious ass kicking!

online scan...one above is cool, panda antivirus's online scan removes virus's AND detects spyware but doesnt remove it so at least you;ll know if anything funky is on your pc...updated minimum once a day

Try:
Ad-Aware...free download
Spybot.....free download
Hardwired router with a better than average firewall. Wireless routers allow anybody in the neighborhood to use your internet.
Zone Alarm

Even our "gov" may spend a couple hours penetrating that...not sure. Should keep out 99.5% of the hackers.

Don't ever leave your internet connection on while you walk the dog or something. You will come back to find a dozen tracking programs installed. This happens to me every single time I leave my computer for more than a couple minutes.

Big Brother is VERY interested in our computers it would seem.

Testosterone boy said:
Try:
Ad-Aware...free download
Spybot.....free download
Hardwired router with a better than average firewall. Wireless routers allow anybody in the neighborhood to use your internet.
Zone Alarm

I had something of a similar problem. Although I had PC-cillin running when the virus got to me. It F*CKED MY compy up something fierce, I had to completely wipe it. Ad-aware found it, but couldn't delete it. pc-cillin was equally useless. :whatever:

cornfish said:
Try Microsoft's free spyware scanner/remover. I've had great luck with this, but this assumes you are running windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx

Just hit the download and the verification step and that should help you out or at least get you to a point where you can get your other scanner up and running.

Takes a few minutes to install but looks promising. Depends on the resources that Microsoft allocates to fighting the spyware problem vs the resources that Uncle Sam and a host of others allocates to developing spyware.

I've been using this on my home machines with good luck and i'm catching stuff that Ad Aware and Spybot are missing so i guess i can only say good things so far from the MS spyware scanner.

Give it a whirl, and you can always uninstall it if it doesn't work

Top Bottom