Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Computer problem - network connections - LAN network cable unplugged...

Didn't you say Mozilla has no prob? Is that on the laptop or on XP? What OS is on your laptop? I would download Opera and use it, as stated above.

Last edited:
When did that problem start? Have you installed anything during that time? If not, you could always do a system restore. It'll put your computer back to a point before the problem started

I can use mozilla on this desktop that is having the problems. If I go to hotmail on here using IE6, it shuts me out. If I use mozilla and go to hotmail, I can access it.

Hotmail started yesterday. The other sites started back in March or April when I installed XP Home on here. I tried system restore last week going all the way back, but it did not help at all.

I also put my XP disc in last night and reinstalled IE all over and still nothing.

AAP said:
I can use mozilla on this desktop that is having the problems. If I go to hotmail on here using IE6, it shuts me out. If I use mozilla and go to hotmail, I can access it.

Hotmail started yesterday. The other sites started back in March or April when I installed XP Home on here. I tried system restore last week going all the way back, but it did not help at all.

I also put my XP disc in last night and reinstalled IE all over and still nothing.

Did you go to windowsupdate after you reinstalled and update to SP1?

TheProject said:

Did you go to windowsupdate after you reinstalled and update to SP1?

I went to the Windows Update under the Tools section on the IE browser window and did that.... it brought down some updates, not sure of what the name of all of them were. But I did install everyone it listed.

bump cuz it is still happening?

Any new solutions guys? I am trying everything you say.

XBiker said:

Getting closer...

That may not work either. According to the tech guy at work, if I were having a problem with IE or OS, it would be happening at random intervals for every website. Not just the select ones that it happens on ALL the time. They are the ONLY ones that cause it.

Also, kazaa doesn't utilize IE so there is no reason why it should crash.

Top Bottom