Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Computer problem - network connections - LAN network cable unplugged...

Dial_tone said:
It could be that Hellsouth customer/hacker tried to DoS those sites and they responded by blocking your public IP subnet.....a long shot though.

I can access those sites from my company laptop sitting here using the same DSL modem. I just unplug from the back of my desk top and plug it into my laptop and can use those sites just fine.

I am convinced it has to be something about this machine. Not the dsl modem or bellsouth connection or anything like that.

You know... my win2k box exhibits this problem once in awhile.

It's like the TCP/IP stack just shits the bed. The only way to fix is to reboot the computer. No rhyme or reason to what causes it.

So what do those sites have in common with each other.

There are definitely known issues with spyware not behaving well and crashing the browser on some sites.

But off the top of my head I don't know of anything that breaks the stack...

Do you have all of the updates on it?

so bizarre

AAP said:
What happened? Where did my post go?

Ok... here is what happens... when I go to sites like:

kazaa
delta.com
sunsentinel.com
ajc.com
etc..

IT IS CERTAIN SITES 100% OF THE TIME, my internet connection is lost and I can not reconnect until I reboot the machine. It will not manually or auto reconnect until I power off and power back on. It is ALWAYS with those certain sites.

now, I can leave the machine running for days and no problems, still active internet connection, but once I hit one of those sites... bang.. it is gone.

Now hotmail.com is acting the same way. Losing the connection everytime I try to access it.

I don't know why. The Bellsouth.net DSL is active now, no bad connections in the area.

I have tried downloading every single MS update and it still does this.

what else?

Clear your cache.

NoDaddyNo said:

Wait - is this a fucking karma thing where you just make up shit about your computer?

Didn't spongebob do something like this?

No, this is a legitimate thread. Legitimate problem.

I don't know what these sites have in common with each other. As I said, I was using hotmail all day long since January and never had a problem with it until TODAY! Now it is booting me offline as well.

It would not be so frustrating if I could just renew the internet connection WITHOUT having to reboot the whole dame machine.

Damn, a new computer problem that is undocumented and unheard of.

Maybe they will name it after me.

Top Bottom