Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Computer problem - network connections - LAN network cable unplugged...

My firewall on the net connection is unchecked. It was left that way when the DSL was installed. Should I check it?
Should I delete the P2P thing? I don't use a program for that.

AAP said:
My firewall on the net connection is unchecked. It was left that way when the DSL was installed. Should I check it?
Should I delete the P2P thing? I don't use a program for that.

I wouldn't check it at this point.

Try deleting the P2P thing and see what happens.

Ok.. I checked UNINSTALL and it says.... Warning; The following is dependent on P2P Networking.

Kazaa Media Desktop
Bullguard Updater.

Since i use kazaalite and not Kazaa, I clicked Remove and it is gone. (I hope) Any trace files or such I should look for and remove?

AAP said:
Ok.. I checked UNINSTALL and it says.... Warning; The following is dependent on P2P Networking.

Kazaa Media Desktop
Bullguard Updater.

Since i use kazaalite and not Kazaa, I clicked Remove and it is gone. (I hope) Any trace files or such I should look for and remove?

Check and see if Kazaalite is still working,

What's Bullguard Updater?

Is Kazaa Lite installed in it's own folder, or in the c:\program files\kazaa folder?

With all the time you have spent trying to trouble shoot this problem, you could have backed up your system, reloaded XP PRO (forget XP Home, it's worse) and reloaded your system with all the shit you have on it.

Just an observation...

When in doubt, FDISK out.

TheProject said:

Is Kazaa Lite installed in it's own folder, or in the c:\program files\kazaa folder?

There are two folders
Kazaa lite
kazaa lite K++

Only one of those are showing on my Add/Remove list though.

I have no idea what Bullguard updater is.

I will try Kazaa and see it locks me out again.

XBiker said:
With all the time you have spent trying to trouble shoot this problem, you could have backed up your system, reloaded XP PRO (forget XP Home, it's worse) and reloaded your system with all the shit you have on it.

Just an observation...

When in doubt, FDISK out.

That may not have helped. Because I bought a new harddrive in June and had XP installed on it at the shop. Then came home and transfered my data back onto here. The problem came back the same way from the old HD to the new HD.

TheProject said:

Ok, after hitting kazaa I lost it. Then I rebooted, hit hotmail and lost it. Then after rebooting I hit delta.com and lost it.

I can access hotmail and delta.com using mozilla just fine. But not with IE without it slamming me offline.

Top Bottom