Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Computer problem - network connections - LAN network cable unplugged...

TheProject said:
Go into your IE settings, go to the connection tab, and look to see how it's set to connect.

In the popup box... highlighted under Dial Up is Bellsouth.net [Default]

of the three boxes, the one listed : Dial whenever network connection is not present. (under the proxy inquiry)

I am telling you, it is not a random or "chance" thing. As soon as I hit one of those websites, ajc.com, sunsentinel.com, (now) hotmail.com, delta.com, even Chemical Muscle, and kazaalite... BOOM!! I lose it.

If I don't visit one of those sites, I can leave this machine connected and running all week long and no probs.

Well, unfortunately, the links you posted just take me to BellSouth's support site, so that doesn't tell me anything.

Try this...see if there's something called BellSouth, SBC Yahoo, NTS 300, something like that, in your Add/Remove Programs.

I'm wondering if the tech installed their 3rd party PPPoE client instead of using the functionality built into XP.

TheProject said:
Well, unfortunately, the links you posted just take me to BellSouth's support site, so that doesn't tell me anything.

Try this...see if there's something called BellSouth, SBC Yahoo, NTS 300, something like that, in your Add/Remove Programs.

I'm wondering if the tech installed their 3rd party PPPoE client instead of using the functionality built into XP.

Oh the link was (on my screen) a site that had screen shots of everything that was to be clicked on, typed in, and selected during the fastaccess installation. Which mine had the PPPoE thing and such listed.

On my ADD/Remove list, installed programs I have :

Adobe
Advanced Networking Pak for XP
ATomic Email Hunter 2.10
CNET Download Manager
Conexant HSF v92 speakerphone PCI modem
Easy CD Creator
Forte Agent
IE Explore Q822925
Java2 Runtime Environments
Jave Web STart
Kazaa lite K++
Live Reg (Symantec)
Live Update
Logitech Itouch software
Media resizer
Microsoft .NET framework
Microsoft XP Office
Microsoft Picture It!
Mozilla
Norton System works
Outlook Express
P2P networking
Popup Stopper
Power DVD
Quicktime
Shockwave
spybot search and destroy
Veo Advanced Cam download
Veo Digital Studio
a bunch of Microsoft XP Hotfix (I think the patches and download updates)
Zoomplayer

TheProject said:
What's the Advanced Networking Pak for XP?

And P2P networking? Do you use that in addition to Kazaa?

Atomic E-mail Hunter?

I don't see IE 6 SP 1 listed...can you check http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and make sure that you don't have another update for IE in there?

Advanced Networking for XP? I don't know... it was just there. Must come bundled with the XP program.

I have no idea about the P2P networking.. I never use it. I thougt it was a kazaalite add-in.

Atomic Email Hunter - installed two days ago, got it from jnuts to do email harvesting.

windows update says No New Updates for your computer, please check back later.

AAP said:

Advanced Networking for XP? I don't know... it was just there. Must come bundled with the XP program.

I have no idea about the P2P networking.. I never use it. I thougt it was a kazaalite add-in.

Atomic Email Hunter - installed two days ago, got it from jnuts to do email harvesting.

windows update says No New Updates for your computer, please check back later.

You have XP Pro or XP Home?

I'll google the Pak and see what I can find...

I don't think the P2P networking thing is part of Kazaa, but I'm not on my home system to look.

Top Bottom