Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

civic owners

bran987

does anyone know what the last year was they changed the body styles was on civics and if/when they plan on changing them again in the future?

since they hold their value so well.. is it smart to buy one used or are they a car you would buy new instead (since you won't have to take as big of a hit after the 1st year?)

any other comments I'd appreciate.. good or bad about this car or comparable ones.. I'm going from a '98 mustang.. I don't owe anything on it.

yes, I'd rather buy an rx8 or 350z but I'm only 24 and I don't want to put myself $30,000 in debt on a depreciating asset if I don't have to!

also.. I've heard leasing USED cars is a growing market.. anyone have any experience with that?

Bran987 said:
does anyone know what the last year was they changed the body styles was on civics and if/when they plan on changing them again in the future?

since they hold their value so well.. is it smart to buy one used or are they a car you would buy new instead (since you won't have to take as big of a hit after the 1st year?)

any other comments I'd appreciate.. good or bad about this car or comparable ones.. I'm going from a '98 mustang.. I don't owe anything on it.

yes, I'd rather buy an rx8 or 350z but I'm only 24 and I don't want to put myself $30,000 in debt on a depreciating asset if I don't have to!

also.. I've heard leasing USED cars is a growing market.. anyone have any experience with that?

If you a guy...a civic may not be the best choice...

Civic isn't a bad car really. girlfriend's grandmother bought her a 96 civic last year. they paid $8k for it, which is what it was valued at. not really too bad considering the car was 7 years old at the time and brand new it was probably $13K.

they changed the bodystyle in 96 and ran it through 00 i believe. then they changed it again. i would expect a bodystyle change again if it hasn't happened already.

if you want a car that's gonna go 200K miles w/out a problem, a civic will do it. my 85 had over 150K on it when i junked it. only reason i junked it was cause i had paid $300 for the car, put over 20K miles on it in 6 months, and didn't feel like taking it cross country. it still ran great though.

sister's boyfriend has a 96 civic. he's a retard (he admits it himself) and never changes the oil. that car has gone 12K miles without oil changes. when my sister started dating him, she started doing all his oil changes on time. his still runs great, even with the lack of maintenance.

whatever you do, don't rice it out. Altezzas are retarded looking. so are 2 foot high wings.

the toyota corolla seems to depreciate a little faster than the civic. that is a good thing if you are buying used as you can get a better deal on a 3 year old model. the civic & the corolla are almost identical in regards to reliability.

ive never heard of leasing used, but it seems like a waste. you'd have nothing to show for it at the end of 2 years while with a car loan you can resell.

The current Civic body style first appeared for the 2002 model year, so it's got at least two more years left before the next change, if they have returned to the usual 4-year plan. The previous Civic ran from 1996-2001, the one before that from 1992-1995, 1988-1991, 1984-1987, 1980-1983, and, I think, 1975-1979.

I've got a 1991 Civic CRX Si with over 166,000 miles on it, and it's still going strong.

I have had a 91 & a 95 civic. Both were extremely reliable though the 95 was much better as far as styling, performance, comfort, basically everything. I was horrible at maintenance. If you take halfway decent care of it it should last 150-200k.

1st car was a 87 civic back in high school.... now drive a 99 civic si that i bought back in 99 w/2 miles. Currently at 113k miles.... do reg maintenance like oil change, tune up (wires, plugs, rotor, cap) and runs fine. with mileage on it, worth about $8k, still have 100k more to go .

I bought my '98 civic new in March of that year. I passed 100,000 miles about six weeks ago and I have not had trouble so far. I have had two flat tires and two collisions in 6 years.

I owned a Civic 93 DX for nearly 5 years. Bought with 70 000km for a little less than 4000$. Many parts were broken or near, but that wasn't an issue cause I wasnt going to keep it stock. Had for almost 10k in mods. I'm lucky cause someone agreed to pay 8000$ for my soap box but the truth is, I would never do that again an average car. Maybe with a Mustang, Benz or BMW but not with such a common ride. Shame on me :anon:

I realized you're going from a Mustang. Used Civic are overpriced these days. Also I doubt you could get the same fun driving a Civic.

Top Bottom