Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Christopher Reeve will be in the next episode of smallville

The Nature Boy said:
stem cells can also be gathered from the ambilicle (sp?) cord. those in turn can be cloned. simple as that.

then bush's banning of research is complete
bullshit...

if i remember correctly, he limited research to
already existing cell lines...

i dont think we know enough about the cells
themselves to limit ourselves like that...

he was just kissing the bible thumpers asses...

according to those fucks, i commit mass murder
each time i masturbate...:mad:

looks like we agree again. bush has to do that though. he's interested in getting re-elected. if he angers the religious right then he's biting the hand that fees him.

life's a bitch.

The Nature Boy said:

maybe so, but I wouldn't to be in shoes. he's not living, he's just existing.

That is such an ignorant thing to say. He has done so much Charity work since his accident. Work that has changed the lives of thousands of people. He is an inspiration and a role model. I hope to be such a great person someday..

A few months back when i heard he was able to move a finger, it truly made me happy.

to say he is just existing is ignorant on your behalf.

That's wonderful news... :D

He has a very strong wife sticking by his side that
helps him a lot..

I wish him all the best!!!

look, I do respect the man, and I'm not trying to I'm just saying that personally I couldn't do it. that's all I'm saying. being unable to move my body or control my bowels or bladder is not something that I could handle very well. if you want to say I'm not strong enough then fine, I'll accept it.

gymrat said:

That is such an ignorant thing to say. He has done so much Charity work since his accident. Work that has changed the lives of thousands of people. He is an inspiration and a role model. I hope to be such a great person someday..

A few months back when i heard he was able to move a finger, it truly made me happy.

to say he is just existing is ignorant on your behalf.

Darktooth said:
Yeh, he gives hope to all those millionaire handi-capable people. If Reeves wasn't rich, he wouldn't be moving anything... He spends a lot of money on his treatments, etc..

On the other hand, I think it's a good thing that someone paralyzed from the neck down is actually moving.

Actually this is untrue. Reeves is not unlike alot of spinal cord injured people who have ether partially severed or bruised spinal cords. He has done nothing out of the ordinary. Many spinal cord injured people regain slight movement in 1 or 2 fingers or maybe even a toe. I know individuals who have regained movement in areas below their injury... nothing strange and it didn't take being strung up to the ceiling being zapped by electrodes. Hell, I know 2 people who after being paralyzed for months (2 years in 1 case) got everything back. It wasn't a miracle. The thing is, no person with a fully severed spinal cord has ever had a similar thing happen.

This idea that stem cells will repair the spinal cord of anyone alive right now is naive. Stem cells hold much promise for many neurological conditions, but it will be decades before any human will even possibly gain any benefit.

Reeves, although he has good intentions, is doing nothing but spreading false hope for newly paralyzed people. On Larry King he told a person, on the phone, that he could be up walking in the matter of months if only he were at his (reeves') clinic. Ludicrous & irresponsible statements like that cause me to be annoyed by the man (& those feeding him with this bullshit).

He's raising alot of money for research, and that's good, but he's doing it by spreading untruths and deception.

Chris, get on with your life. There are many things you can do in Hollywood & still raise $ for research.

Rant over... for now.

Oh BTW, to the person who asked about Reeves ability to get hard. Yes, the vast majority of SCI men can get erections & because they don't orgasm, can keep erect for hours.

when i went snowboarding in austria last year I met this woman who was an incredibly good stunt snowboarder.... amazing jumps, and half way the week she fell and broke off her neck nerves

UpperTone said:

Actually this is untrue. Reeves is not unlike alot of spinal cord injured people who have ether partially severed or bruised spinal cords. He has done nothing out of the ordinary. Many spinal cord injured people regain slight movement in 1 or 2 fingers or maybe even a toe. I know individuals who have regained movement in areas below their injury... nothing strange and it didn't take being strung up to the ceiling being zapped by electrodes. Hell, I know 2 people who after being paralyzed for months (2 years in 1 case) got everything back. It wasn't a miracle. The thing is, no person with a fully severed spinal cord has ever had a similar thing happen.

This idea that stem cells will repair the spinal cord of anyone alive right now is naive. Stem cells hold much promise for many neurological conditions, but it will be decades before any human will even possibly gain any benefit.

Reeves, although he has good intentions, is doing nothing but spreading false hope for newly paralyzed people. On Larry King he told a person, on the phone, that he could be up walking in the matter of months if only he were at his (reeves') clinic. Ludicrous & irresponsible statements like that cause me to be annoyed by the man (& those feeding him with this bullshit).

He's raising alot of money for research, and that's good, but he's doing it by spreading untruths and deception.

Chris, get on with your life. There are many things you can do in Hollywood & still raise $ for research.

Rant over... for now.

Oh BTW, to the person who asked about Reeves ability to get hard. Yes, the vast majority of SCI men can get erections & because they don't orgasm, can keep erect for hours.

Will he ever be able to do more than move his fingers?

Is stem cell the only "possible" treatment for this type of injury?

You made some very interesting points.

Top Bottom