Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Check this shit out - about Baileys

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
I go to visit Bailey Gym over on Dixie Highway. They have a special and I am using quote marks over "special", 10 days visit for 5 dollars. Sounds like a nice way to try out a gym. Right? Ok, I go in, they make you sign a waiver against injury, etc... then they sit you down and go over the membership rates. Typical. Now - pay attention, this is what confuses me - they ask you if you want to join and give you this rate of $XXX.xx (of course that I say NO I want to try it out first) well they say INSTEAD of signing a contract, just to INITIAL it at the bottom to show that the employee did attempt to sell the club to me. So I initial it, work out for ten days, and leave. They ask you use your debit or credit card to pay the $5 because they "don't have change for a $20 downstairs."

Now, a friend of mine (who went with me, but never worked out) calls me and tells me that last week he found out that a Bailey in CA was billing him about $78 per month for a membership he never signed up for. Like I, he went and used his debit card to pay the $5 and then didn't work out at all because he didn't like their leg equipment, he just used the tanning bed and never came back after that day. After he tells me about this, I look over my bank records and LO AND BEHOLD there it is - Baileys $65 per month draft. For three months previously. I call them and get the run around. I call the billing office and still no one gives me any answers, so I tell them I am canceling the draft and having my bank recovery the charges. Now I start getting calls back. I just got off the phone with the region manager - only after I called his supervisor and raised hell - and he tells me "well you have signed a contract" Did not. I initialed it. He says "that is the same as a signature" I say "you are full of shit. I never authorized any drafts from my bank, you are stealing from me." He calls back a minute ago and said "we cancelled your membership, but there will be no reimbursment." WTF????? they take three months of drafts from my bank for something I never bought or used and tell me no reimbursment. They told my friend the same thing, about signing the contract (he even gave a fake name and they paid no attention when they ran his debit card through) and they only relented after he had an attorney friend to write them a letter and they still say "no reimbursment". I need some revenge. If anyone works out there, I want you to start stealing some weights for me.

This sucks. Has this happened to anyone else?

It's my understanding that any document with Initialed sections must have one actual Signature on it as well.
I'm sure there are some Legal types that can tell us for sure..

It is Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

YLifter - exactly. I never had a signature on it at all. Also, even if I had signed the contract, they still would have had to have a seperate signature and blank check to legally start drafting my account.

And what the fuck is up with this no reimbursment. I swear, I am tempted to send someone over to sign up for that 10 days thing and rob them blind. That is $195 they have taken from me. And why did they charge my friend $78? And from CA as well?

You should be able to get the dinero back through your credit card issuer. We deal with that shit all the time where I work.
If the customer refuses the charge(s), no matter how much documentation we provide, we can't collect.

This is exactly why I went with joining the YMCA.
2 other chain gyms tried the bank draft shuffle crap and I caught
it before I signed.
With the Y I also have a bank draft but no contract, just Month to Month
Have an attorney call them or send a letter on leterhead and see them do a 180 real fast...

Before the downtown gym I used to belong to was bought by World Gym, they tried this shit of charging me every year dor "Membership Card Fees." (Not membership fees or dues, but card renewal fees!) Even though I had let my membership expire two years prior!
They said I had to bring a signed letter (which I had done a year before) again. I told them to kiss my ass and I haven't been charged again.

Screw that, balleys gave me the run around for 3 years.

My bank was told not to issue them shit, thankgod for me my mom worked for my bank and kept a close eye on those fuckers

I'd definately go down and do some intimidatin! I'd stand over some natural little pussy while he reversed the charges.

I used a debit card, not a credit card and the bank told me that the debit card was like a check, I had to collect the disputed amount from them.

Man, I am mad. I am not kidding about any fellow board member going there and stealing enough for me to get my money back. Maybe I should phone in a bomb threat.

Top Bottom