Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CD Rom missing

foxxie

Anyone had experience this and knows what to do..

(I got hp and running window xp)

well I found this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

anyways...

after I enter the regedt32.exe

It goes on saying this:

2.Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Do I need to find these Key or I am gong to automatically see this key when I click the folder staring with HKEY_LOCAL_Machine

when I enter the regedt32.exe

this is what I see on my computer ( folders)

-HKEY_Classes_ Root
-HKey_Current_User
-HKey_Local_Machine
-HKey_Users
-Hkey_Current_Configurations

I also notice when I click the Hkey_local_machine under data Category is said ( value not set)

A common problem that occurs with operating systems when you don't post enough pics of your rack.

foxxie said:
Anyone had experience this and knows what to do..

(I got hp and running window xp)

well I found this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

anyways...

after I enter the regedt32.exe

It goes on saying this:

2.Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Do I need to find these Key or I am gong to automatically see this key when I click the folder staring with HKEY_LOCAL_Machine

when I enter the regedt32.exe

this is what I see on my computer ( folders)

-HKEY_Classes_ Root
-HKey_Current_User
-HKey_Local_Machine
-HKey_Users
-Hkey_Current_Configurations

I also notice when I click the Hkey_local_machine under data Category is said ( value not set)

This is the path to the registry key:

so you click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then System, then Current Control Set....

when you click the last part, {4D36E9...}, you will see a bunch of values listed in the right pane. Find the one named "Upper Filters" and right click it, and delete it. (According to the instructions in the article you provided).

Be careful when playing with the registry. If you end up deleting keys or values that you should not, you can royally screw your system.

PWTurbofan said:
If you end up deleting keys or values that you should not, you can royally screw your system.

In other words ... don't dick around with it until you call your tech support guy in India.

I've fucked around with the registry a lot. There's a lot of tweaks to XP by editing the registry.

Never hurt anything. Then again, I'm fucken smart - so I dont recommend you do it.

PWTurbofan said:
This is the path to the registry key:

so you click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then System, then Current Control Set....

when you click the last part, {4D36E9...}, you will see a bunch of values listed in the right pane. Find the one named "Upper Filters" and right click it, and delete it. (According to the instructions in the article you provided).

Be careful when playing with the registry. If you end up deleting keys or values that you should not, you can royally screw your system.

nope.. I did that went to HKey_local_machine then system then curret control set ...I still didn't find it.... :worried:

foxxie said:
nope.. I did that went to HKey_local_machine then system then curret control set ...I still didn't find it.... :worried:

amd then went to control, then class, and then looked for the {xxxxx} key and it wasn't there?

Do you by any chance have an older version of Roxio EZ CD Creator on your system? 'Cause in Creator Version 5, the DirectCD module can cause the drive to dissappear in XP if you don't have it patched to the XP compatible upgrade.

Top Bottom