Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Anybody suspects (or knows) it has it?

pintoca

My right wrist is bothering me lately. Originally didn't think about it, but it's getting worse. I noticed now that in certain movements (push-ups, benching) I can already feel discomfort, it depends on the angle at which the force is applied and the position of the hand: pushups are the worst

and yes

the mouse is starting to annoy me as well

Anybody else has experience with this? I wore a wristband for sometime and it did help a bit, never saw a Dr about it as I understand there is really no cure for it as long as you continue with the repetitive movement that causes it.

shit

my mom has it really bad

pintoca said:
for real? Did she go to a Dr?
man shes had surgery, u should see my mom shes honestly jacked lol, shes 52 ans shes in great shape but her carpel tinnel has really bothered her

i get it a pain in my right wrist when i do pushups or bench also , its like a sharp pain the runs pretty much parallel with my middle finger but up on my wrist.

hotzie said:
i get it a pain in my right wrist when i do pushups or bench also , its like a sharp pain the runs pretty much parallel with my middle finger but up on my wrist.
whiner.jpg

There are two simple tests you can do to see if you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Although this doesn't substitute for a physician evaluating you, it will give you some idea. (It's all dependent if you perform the test correctly.)

Classically, the numbness/tingling you experience with carpal tunnel syndrome is isolated to the thumb, index finger, and the thumb side of the middle finger. This is the median nerve distribution. The median nerve is what gets trapped under the flexor retinaculum of the wrist from repetitive strain causing entrapment in this area.

There are two tests:

Tinel sign -- tap the flexor retinaculum with a finger while your hand is held at rest. If it causes tingling in your fingers (the ones mentioned above), then you have a positive Tinel sign and may have carpal tunnel syndrome. The flexor retinaculum is located at the base of the palm of the hand on the wrist part. If you know where you normally feel for a radial pulse, it's just medial (toward the center) to that.

Phalen test -- Place both hands together so that the backs of the hands are touching each other. Your hands should be at 90 degree angles to your wrist (i.e., flexed to 90 degrees). Place slight pressure against each other and if you feel a tingling sensation in the median nerve distribution (those fingers mentioned above), then you likely have carpal tunnel syndrome.

I'm sure you can Google the above tests to see if there are any images available.

Of course this doesn't substitute for a physician evaluation and isn't intended to be medical advice.

Top Bottom