Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Car peeps, how/do you wash your engine?

True, but the point is that cleaning an engine bay is easy and paying someone to do it is retarded.

I never let anyone else touch my engine bay, mainly because it has a supercharger and a front mount intercooler. I don't trust another soul not to spray crap where it shouldn't go.

Best way to clean an engine bay:

Spray water in the bay, close the hood, let cold car idle for 3 minutes to steam engine bay, but not let the engine get up to full temperature.

Spray with degreaser, let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse.

Round 2, with engine still wet, spray down engine bay thoroughly with simple green. Let sit for 10 minutes, don't let it dry though. Grab a long handle brush and quickly scrub everything down

Rinse.

Grab some interior detailer (not leather cleaner) spray a ton in a rag, wipe down all plastics, radiator hoses, etc, even painted surfaces.

Done.

Takes 25 minutes, makes engine really clean.

To maintain without having to do such a rigorous process, spray engine with water to a steam, spray simple green, sit 5 minutes, rinse and done. once a month.

Never let simple green dry. Never use it directly without water sprayed first.

How old is your car?
My car has a super charger too and a shitload of electronic controlled shit under the hood too. My fucking x wife lives on a fucking dirt road fuck I hate having to drive to her house.

How old is your car?
My car has a super charger too and a shitload of electronic controlled shit under the hood too. My fucking x wife lives on a fucking dirt road fuck I hate having to drive to her house.

It's a 2007 Mustang GT. Did all the work myself. I keep that thing clean all the time. The blower and piping really makes cleaning the engine bay a pain. You can't just spray crap on it like you can a stock engine bay. Gotta do more by hand.

True, but the point is that cleaning an engine bay is easy and paying someone to do it is retarded.

I never let anyone else touch my engine bay, mainly because it has a supercharger and a front mount intercooler. I don't trust another soul not to spray crap where it shouldn't go.

Spray water in the bay, close the hood, let cold car idle for 3 minutes to steam engine bay, but not let the engine get up to full temperature.

Round 2, with engine still wet, spray down engine bay thoroughly with simple green. Let sit for 10 minutes, don't let it dry though. Grab a long handle brush and quickly scrub everything down

Rinse.

Grab some interior detailer (not leather cleaner) spray a ton in a rag, wipe down all plastics, radiator hoses, etc, even painted surfaces.

Done.

To maintain without having to do such a rigorous process, spray engine with water to a steam, spray simple green, sit 5 minutes, rinse and done. once a month.

This is why you are a virgin.

why?

I love the smell...the detail guys used to use it on greasy stains in cars...I use blue coral for pretty much everything on the interior

pressure wash under the hood...Id never take a scrub brush/deck brush whatever under the hood...
the mass air flow on my car is cringing at the thought

why?

I love the smell...the detail guys used to use it on greasy stains in cars...I use blue coral for pretty much everything on the interior

pressure wash under the hood...Id never take a scrub brush/deck brush whatever under the hood...
the mass air flow on my car is cringing at the thought

An entire bottle....

Rinse.

Done.

Simple green is for pussies and hippies, bleach and ammonia FTMFW

Top Bottom