Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can you sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference?

p0ink

i am just wondering if you can sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference, especially if it is not based in any fact, whatsoever.

I believe you can. For professional references pretty much all they're allowed to say is when you worked there, how much you made and that's it. Personal references can say anything they want.

If you believe that you are getting an undeserved bad reference, there are things you can do. First, call your old boss and attempt to resolve any issues. If this approach doesn’t work, or you are not comfortable contacting the reference, hire a reference-checking company to check your references for you. These companies will discreetly check your references and provide you with a report that covers both what was said about you and the tone with which it was said. Once you receive the report, ask yourself if it is honest. If not, contact a lawyer right away. Slander laws vary slightly from state to state, but a former employer cannot divulge information about you that is both false and malicious.

http://www.quintcareers.com/job-search_references.html

Why not, suing is the American way now.

Fuck baseball, hotdogs and applepie when you can sue and buy them all at once when the settlement comes in.

well, considering this former employer of mine asked me to break federal and state law on more than one occasion, thus jeopardizing my own record, you wouldnt shed a tear or two if you were me.

i just dont want this to hurt future job prospects.

Dial_tone said:
If you believe that you are getting an undeserved bad reference, there are things you can do. First, call your old boss and attempt to resolve any issues. If this approach doesn’t work, or you are not comfortable contacting the reference, hire a reference-checking company to check your references for you. These companies will discreetly check your references and provide you with a report that covers both what was said about you and the tone with which it was said. Once you receive the report, ask yourself if it is honest. If not, contact a lawyer right away. Slander laws vary slightly from state to state, but a former employer cannot divulge information about you that is both false and malicious.

http://www.quintcareers.com/job-search_references.html

nice one.....wow.... i did not know that

p0ink said:
well, considering this former employer of mine asked me to break federal and state law on more than one occasion, thus jeopardizing my own record, you wouldnt shed a tear or two if you were me.

Gotcha..

And if all fails, hire Moose and Rocko to help the Judge find his checkbook.

p0ink said:

start collecting evidence bro. blackmail in the future to save your ass. or even worse, protect your ass from him setting you up to be the fall guy.

I lost my job due to two things I got written up for falsely. My boss wasn't really out to get me. She was just too stupid to see the truth and didn't believe my side of the story no matter now many times I told it. I was too happy to be out of there to fight it.

Top Bottom