x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

can you sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about can you sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference? within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: i am just wondering if you can sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference, especially if it is not based in any fact, whatsoever.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can you sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference?

i am just wondering if you can sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference, especially if it is not based in any fact, whatsoever.

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman

Re: can you sue your former employer for giving you a bad reference?

I believe you can. For professional references pretty much all they're allowed to say is when you worked there, how much you made and that's it. Personal references can say anything they want.
    "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

If you believe that you are getting an undeserved bad reference, there are things you can do. First, call your old boss and attempt to resolve any issues. If this approach doesn’t work, or you are not comfortable contacting the reference, hire a reference-checking company to check your references for you. These companies will discreetly check your references and provide you with a report that covers both what was said about you and the tone with which it was said. Once you receive the report, ask yourself if it is honest. If not, contact a lawyer right away. Slander laws vary slightly from state to state, but a former employer cannot divulge information about you that is both false and malicious.

http://www.quintcareers.com/job-search_references.html
    "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

______

no but you can beat his ass.....

Why not, suing is the American way now.

Fuck baseball, hotdogs and applepie when you can sue and buy them all at once when the settlement comes in.

well, considering this former employer of mine asked me to break federal and state law on more than one occasion, thus jeopardizing my own record, you wouldnt shed a tear or two if you were me.

i just dont want this to hurt future job prospects.

______

Quote Quote posted by Dial_tone
    If you believe that you are getting an undeserved bad reference, there are things you can do. First, call your old boss and attempt to resolve any issues. If this approach doesn’t work, or you are not comfortable contacting the reference, hire a reference-checking company to check your references for you. These companies will discreetly check your references and provide you with a report that covers both what was said about you and the tone with which it was said. Once you receive the report, ask yourself if it is honest. If not, contact a lawyer right away. Slander laws vary slightly from state to state, but a former employer cannot divulge information about you that is both false and malicious.

http://www.quintcareers.com/job-search_references.html
    nice one.....wow.... i did not know that

Quote Quote posted by p0ink
    well, considering this former employer of mine asked me to break federal and state law on more than one occasion, thus jeopardizing my own record, you wouldnt shed a tear or two if you were me.

Gotcha..

And if all fails, hire Moose and Rocko to help the Judge find his checkbook.

Quote Quote posted by p0ink

start collecting evidence bro. blackmail in the future to save your ass. or even worse, protect your ass from him setting you up to be the fall guy.
    Hater of humanity.

I lost my job due to two things I got written up for falsely. My boss wasn't really out to get me. She was just too stupid to see the truth and didn't believe my side of the story no matter now many times I told it. I was too happy to be out of there to fight it.