x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Can't get experience without the job, can't get the job without experience

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Can't get experience without the job, can't get the job without experience within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: I'm looking into getting into a new division within my company, the medical imaging field. Speaking with the HR person in charge she said that they are only looking for people with 3-5 years experience in the field at this point. Nobody internally will have this so they are only looking externally. After taking a look around every medical imagining sales job I see requires at least 2 years experience. I'm wondering how you are supposed to get into the field if you can't without any

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Olympian

Can't get experience without the job, can't get the job without experience

I'm looking into getting into a new division within my company, the medical imaging field. Speaking with the HR person in charge she said that they are only looking for people with 3-5 years experience in the field at this point. Nobody internally will have this so they are only looking externally.

After taking a look around every medical imagining sales job I see requires at least 2 years experience. I'm wondering how you are supposed to get into the field if you can't without any experience.

I have an extensive physiological background but don't have any experience with the equipment. In my opinion anything can be learned given enough time and effort.

Anyone had this experience before and managed to get hired somehow without this extensive experience?

Banned

Re: Can't get experience without the job, can't get the job without experience

I have been in that situation before and took an unpaid internship to get the experience.

Otherwise, just tell EVERYONE who you know that you are looking to get your foot in the door. People love gumption and will keep their eyes and ears open for you. Someone will hear of something and get back to you. It never fails.

the world really is an abundant place. You will make it!

Alot of times you have to look out side your present company to get advancement.
    Look elsewhere if you have experience in a related field they may give you a shot.
    Can you take time after your regular day to go into that area to work with others to learn this type of work within your company. Get six months to a year behind you doing that and you would be surprised how much more receptive they would be to you.

ELITE MENTOR

Quote Quote posted by ponyfitness View Post
    I'm looking into getting into a new division within my company, the medical imaging field. Speaking with the HR person in charge she said that they are only looking for people with 3-5 years experience in the field at this point. Nobody internally will have this so they are only looking externally.

After taking a look around every medical imagining sales job I see requires at least 2 years experience. I'm wondering how you are supposed to get into the field if you can't without any experience.

I have an extensive physiological background but don't have any experience with the equipment. In my opinion anything can be learned given enough time and effort.

Anyone had this experience before and managed to get hired somehow without this extensive experience?

you get experience by going to school for medical imaging.
    I think they are 1 year certificats and then you become either an xray technician or a nuclear technologist, etc.

Your best bet is probably to either go to school, or take a lower position within the medical imaging division (GE?) and take it from there.
    Read this:Elite Fitness TOS

Quote Quote posted by digger
    George > Admin > Stilleto > perkele > samoth > COTB > Lestat

There you go -- fixed it.

*RIP my friend*

Welcome to the great job debate.... been there. It sucks. I am getting some school under my belt then going on my own.

thou shalt not shill puddlemonkey's Avatar

Just give up, become a democrat, and live off the system.

thou shalt not shill puddlemonkey's Avatar

Damn, you're canadian.

Maybe just bust into the HR department and do an interpretive dance they way you think a good AE would handle and present the item(s). Graceful, flowing movements. Remember to smile passionately.

I believe in you.

stop going for jobs that require experience. there's a reason. you're basically asking to pay you big bucks, pass over others who have experience and choose you instead.

work your way up the ladder son. or have mad skills.

r

Look for what ever way to get in and expect to be sweeping the floors for a while.