Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone give me moving tips?

Razorguns

I gotta move out of my place next wk, and i HATE moving.

where should i get boxes? Last time i bought big ones, they were expensive.

tips on finding a good moving company?

chances are - i'm prolly gonna have to get a storage unit somewhere - all my stuff won't fit. Any advice?

r

Boxes: Liquor Stores, Office Supply Stores, Grocery Stores, etc. (Free)

Transportation: Get a U-Haul and some realllllly good friends to help out.

Storage Unit: Climate controlled, close enough geographically so that you don't go insane.

Before I bought my first house the thing that always helped me get over the pain of moving was this thought: "Clean bathroom". Sign 6 month leases and you never have to clean again (unless you get a new girlfriend mid-lease!).

boss_ said:
Boxes: Liquor Stores, Office Supply Stores, Grocery Stores, etc. (Free)

Transportation: Get a U-Haul and some realllllly good friends to help out.

Storage Unit: Climate controlled, close enough geographically so that you don't go insane.
what he said.

Be sure to mark your boxes so you know what's in them and package everything well enough to avoid breaking stuff. And if you have a lot of stuff, it's well worth renting a U-haul or other service vs. making extra trips with a car full. Unless you have your own trailer. Compensate your buddies' help with payment in food/beer at a nice restaurant afterwards to help ensure they stay friends with you.

i'm just gonna hire 2 mexicans with a truck. got too much shit and too heavy stuff to carry myself.

i gotta find a inexpensive but secure storage place. hope i don't get assraped on the rate. otherwise i gotta trash some shit.

r

Ruthlessly go through all your stuff and give everything you don't use to charity. (Be sure to get a receipt for a tax write off.) That way you won't move stuff you don't use. Also, be wary of mini-storage. It's easy to pay more in storage over the years than the value of the stuff being stored.

prepare atleast a week before moving. Pack everthing up efficiently in boxes. Don't forget to label the boxes clearly.

Top Bottom