Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can Insurance Companies Discriminate against Obese People?

My health insurance for my company is going up 33%. My agent told me the reaon why(he wasn't suppose to) is because I have an employee overweight.

I think insurance companies can do whatever I want. So I guess my question is can I talk to this employee and tell that he needs to get in shape because he is costing me and every other employee money because he is not fit. Or should I keep mouth shut because I would get sued if I said something like that?

sk* said:
"Can Insurance Companies Discriminate against Obese People?"

I hope so.

-sk

I think they do. But my question was can I say something to a obese employee without repercussions?

Yes, because obesity is related to many diseases. And more diseases equals to more payout.

2Thick said:
Yes, because obesity is related to many diseases. And more diseases equals to more payout.

I agree but CAN I Say something to this employee without getting in trouble?

i suggest you dont bring up the topic of his/her weight, because if you were ever to fire them or lay them off, they will use that as a reason in their discrimination law suit against you.

p0ink said:
they will use that as a reason in their discrimination law suit against you. [/B]

That is what I am concerned about. How would you try to get him to workout. I mean 33% increase is going to take my insurance up $200 a month. I mean that is another bike pymt just because this person wants to pig out.

curling said:

That is what I am concerned about. How would you try to get him to workout. I mean 33% increase is going to take my insurance up $200 a month. I mean that is another bike pymt just because this person wants to pig out.

Wait a couple months and then wait until he fucks up and then downsize his ass. Make sure he does something fucked up, though.

2Thick said:

Wait a couple months and then wait until he fucks up and then downsize his ass. Make sure he does something fucked up, though.

I don't want to fire him I just want him to lose weight. He is a decent employee.

Top Bottom