Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can i get someone's address if i have his IP address?

i need to get a hold of someone, but all i have is his IP address and his username in a chatroom. i don't have his real name or anything else. is this possible to do without having to subpoena records from his isp?

I think his ISP, is the only way to get any sort of information about him. and I doubt they are willing to share it with you.

more than likely not since dial-up connections usually have a different IP address whenever they're dialed-up and thus only the ISP would know this info. Corporate connections would be easier to track people down if you looked up the company's IP address, knew the name of the person within the company, and sent the mail to the company with their name on the attention line. But generally - no - you can't.

you guys are bonkers, if the RIAA can't get an address from Verison, what makes you think a normal man can get one?

ajtomasi said:
you guys are bonkers, if the RIAA can't get an address from Verison, what makes you think a normal man can get one?

they can't LEGALLY get one and use it in court...

traceroute to his ip addy and take a look at each of the hops. It will zero it in a little bit, but geo locating an IP isn't always gonna work. Especially if it's buried behind a proxy.

Top Bottom