Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can i combine medical insurance with a medical discount plan?

Lao Tzu

i don't see why insurance companies would object to this, it would save them money.

Anyway, what if i got emergency insurance (the type with a $2k deductible, then an 80/20 co-pay after that), it runs about $40 a month. Could i augment that with a medical discount plan (about $12 a month), so that i would get medical care at 30% off (due to the medical discount plan) that would be covered by an 80/20 insurance co-pay? If i did, a $10k surgery would only cost me about $3k, 2k deductible & 1k copay.

i don't know if it would work. They are both technically PPOs.

is the insurance provided by your employer, or did you hand pick the company? if it is with your employer, do you have the option of having an an account which deducts money from your paycheck (which is non refundable btw, you have to use it by the year end/fiscal year end)?

is this like having two separate insurance companies? I knew of an old coworker that had two insurance policies for dental (one from work, other from girlfriend's work), and he had combined both of them for some work on his teef. if this is the case, i wouldn't know how this would work, if it did.

well no technically.

A medical plan is where a bunch of physicians, hospitals, etc. let themselves be in a program. If you buy membership in the program, you get medical work done for about 30% off, as long as you use one of the hospitals listed as part of the program.

insurance is a co-pay thing.

i am wondering if i could get the co pay for medical benefits that ig et for 30% off. But i think both programs are PPOs, so i don't know if that would work.

Top Bottom