Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can a cell phone in one country call a cell phone in another country?

sure... although with most US service providers, its a service you have to activate, sometimes requiring a deposit of $500 or more. Its also ridiculously expensive. Go with the txt messaging instead(assuming the providers have compatible networks)

ok

thankyou very much, is there a list or table anywhere of which networks from which countries are compatible?

I call my buddy in the U.S. with my cell on his cell all the time and it only costs me 20cents a minute, nothing else. Doesn't cost him anything!

This can only be achieved if the one of the user's plans will allow. It costs a mint. I had two calls from US cell to my cell in France - total bill +70$ (the calls were like 20 minutes). .....but worth every penny.

Bigdawg1468 said:
I call my buddy in the U.S. with my cell on his cell all the time and it only costs me 20cents a minute, nothing else. Doesn't cost him anything!

Can you exchange text messages?

buy a phone card. You can get a global one for about $0.15/min.

As far as cell phones. Certain providers can activate your cell phone to work in Europe, but you have to bring your phone in to have another chip installed. Also, its still more expensive than 15cents/min.

I think I read something related to this...it said something like cell phones in Europe run on different frequencies than cell phones in the US...hence the need for a new chip to be installed (see above paragraph).

Top Bottom