Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Buying or selling ..

T

((The_King))

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to EBAY. I've made one recently back in 2006 but never really used it and just lurked. I've made a new one and this time with a paypal account. I'm ready to sell stuff and all, Any Tips before I do?
Also one question, How do we determine the shipping costs? I'm looking at different items and they vary from $5.00 to 18.000. Or is it just another tactic to make some money?
Thanks

I'd tack like $5 to ship small items and go up according to wght. Due to the fact it costs to ship heavy things.

I see, so say I'm gonna ship a PSP to someone. That's about 3.0 pounds.
Would 5 dollars just be fine? The problem is, I dont know the prices that we need to pay from our own money to ship the item.

((The_King)) said:
I see, so say I'm gonna ship a PSP to someone. That's about 3.0 pounds.
Would 5 dollars just be fine? The problem is, I dont know the prices that we need to pay from our own money to ship the item.
go to the post office and they have flat rate priority boxes or they'll weigh what your going to ship and tell you what it costs. I think some flat rate boxes are like $10 and up.

1- You being a newer member (with no feedback I assume) you'd be better off selling little stuff to get your feedback rating up. If you and I posted the same thing for sale, I'd get more bids and more money because of a 1000+ positive feedback rating, feedback means a lot to buyers as it shows a sellers dependability and honesty.

2- Post pictures of anything you sell, people like to see what they are bidding on. You'll notice items with pictures receive more bids on average than same items without. Plus it proves you actually own the item(s). Many e-bayers take pics with their e-bay name written on something with the item to prove legitimacy.

3- Give the best description you can of the item(s), including condition, age, etc. Try to include all info you can, this will cut down on meaningless e-mails asking common questions that could be avoided if all information is in the auction notes.

4- Include your shipping costs. Some sellers will put, "shipping will be determined at auctions end". This is a giant scam, as it allows the seller to make up whatever shipping charges they want after you already bought the item (and it will usually be more if they didn't get what they wanted out of the item). A lot of e-bayers avoid auctions like this no matter how good the deal looks. Easiest thing to do is weigh whatever it is you're selling and go to usps.com to calculate actual shipping costs.

So, everytime I'm about to sell something, I should go and weigh it?
Shit, might aswell just charge $10 for shipping on everything depending on how much it weighs.

Dannomight,PuddleMonkey thanks for the information.
Do you have any tips on what I might sell (little stuff) that people will atually bid on.
Me and my friend are splitting 50/50 on big items and he has alote of stuff to sell such as a dm4 paintball gun that costs upto 300 dollars or so.
I have routers, altc lansing surround system speakers and all kinds of stuff.

((The_King)) said:
Dannomight,PuddleMonkey thanks for the information.
Do you have any tips on what I might sell (little stuff) that people will atually bid on.
Me and my friend are splitting 50/50 on big items and he has alote of stuff to sell such as a dm4 paintball gun that costs upto 300 dollars or so.
I have routers, altc lansing surround system speakers and all kinds of stuff.

CDs are a good way to get your rating up, or you can buy things to get feedback as well.

Top Bottom