Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Brushing with hydrogen peroxide in place of conventional toothpastes

win19

I brush with 3% H2O2 instead of fluoride. I don't use any fluoride toothpaste because it is already in the water supply and I also have a slight and mild enamel fluorosis (discoloring white spots on the teeth) due to fluoride toothpaste. I have minimally two cavities which at first my teeth began to ache severely if I would eat sweets, and having had many cavities and countless toothaches and dental visits before, I know I would be screwed right now if it wasn't for that H2O2, as of now I have no detectable pain when eating sweets in moderate amounts (though brushing afterwards is advisable), no halitosis (which results from compounds such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S, a gaseous compound found in feces, manure, and responsible for the odor of flatulence), methyl mercaptan, and dimethyl sulfide formed by bacteria found in the mouth which account for the majority of halitosis ("bad breath") cases, hence the peroxide has fulfilled its prophetical action as an antibacterial well), practically no pain if I modestly clench the teeth together, and there may have even been a slight improvement in whiteness. Also in light of the fact that the hydrogen peroxide contains phosphoric acid (H3PO4), in small quantities, which is an acid substance added as a stabilizer which reacts with the hydroxy portion of hydroxyapatite (Ca5(PO4)3OH) of the teeth, thereby potentially contributing to the demineralization of the complex (tooth enamel is known to demineralize at a pH of 5.5).

So, I've been considering sprinkling baking soda onto the toothbrush containing the peroxide in order to neutralize the acid to further cover the bases. Baking soda has also been used by people to effectively remove superficial teeth stains. Hydrogen peroxide may also benefit the teeth as due to increased alkalinization (the hydroxide is also reactive with the hydrogen peroxide to yield calcium peroxide that will also react with acids to yield hydrogen peroxide and calcium hydroxide) and since cavities ("caries"), enamel damage, etc, result from acid-producing bacteria that thrive on sugar, this would be a good thing; but the baking soda would have a more pronounced effect here.Hydrogen peroxide would also serve to neutralize Streptococcus mutans bacteria, which is one of the leading causes of tooth decay.

Anyone here brush with something other than regular toothpastes?

no way..reg toothpaste does nothing really effective for you. tastes good, feels good, we've been sold on it so they can make money. here's what though -
1. flouride is dangerous - ever notice the poison control center warnings, etc.
ever been to yellowstone, etc...the animals are dying early from brittle bones b/c caused by flouride in their water. but all of this is another book for another time.

so yep...salt and baking soda, tastes like crap and gums may not like it at first, but try it for a week and you'll see. it's a mild abrasive, but not harsh enough.
your grandparents prob. used baking soda all the time when they were younger and had no probs. In many countries around the world they use salt to brush (africa, india, etc)..and have no prob w/ cavities..here's why:
out of all the types of bacteria in your mouth, only 1 causes cavities (well, the acid of this one)...streptocaccus mutans (spelling is wrong I'm sure)...look it up.
anyhow, this bug is readily killed by salt (and not listerine, not any toothpaste...why is that?..hmm...)
so salt is what you use to kill it.
now as far as any acids already present, baking soda comes to the rescue.
mix the two in a 50-50 ratio, add peppermint oil for breath freshener. wet your toothbrush and sprinkle this on it. Dipping the toothbrush will cause water to seep into it mixture and it'll solidify..anyhow
your gums and teeth (once they get used to it) will be amazingly healthier and it will reverse gingivitus and even periodontal disease (but you need one additional ingredient to really do away w/ periodontal disease and you need to get it below the gum line...1 week will show dramatic improvement and save you from scaling/surgery). I used to go through horrible cleaning sessions 1hr plus each and every time ever since I can remember..soreness, bleeding gums, sensititivity. every time they had to scale my teeth, and often wanted to operate. prob is flossing is something I'm just not used to, made a habit of doing on a regular basis...I started doing research. no changes to diet, etc...now I'm in and out in 10 minutes..never any probs. Been telling friends/ppl about it for years when they say they have to go in for surgury, out of 5-10 all of them were able to reverse/stop periodontal disease/gingivities as well. funny how when you get desperate you want to try everything and do everything right...
now, for h202, take a look at these teeth whiteners..for many of them costing 30+ bucks the active ingredient is h2o2. only question is which grade of it...30% is safe for consumption (in small quantities I'd guess)...

mjohnson said:
no way..reg toothpaste does nothing really effective for you. tastes good, feels good, we've been sold on it so they can make money. here's what though -
1. flouride is dangerous - ever notice the poison control center warnings, etc.

Sodium fluoride: Oral rat LD50: 52 mg/kg
Sodium cyanide: Oral rat LD50: 15 mg/kg.

Yeah, it's probably not the healthiest stuff on the block. :arrow:

ever been to yellowstone, etc...the animals are dying early from brittle bones b/c caused by flouride in their water. but all of this is another book for another time.

so yep...salt and baking soda, tastes like crap and gums may not like it at first, but try it for a week and you'll see. it's a mild abrasive, but not harsh enough.
your grandparents prob. used baking soda all the time when they were younger and had no probs. In many countries around the world they use salt to brush (africa, india, etc)..and have no prob w/ cavities..here's why:
out of all the types of bacteria in your mouth, only 1 causes cavities (well, the acid of this one)...streptocaccus mutans (spelling is wrong I'm sure)...look it up.
anyhow, this bug is readily killed by salt (and not listerine, not any toothpaste...why is that?..hmm...)
so salt is what you use to kill it.
now as far as any acids already present, baking soda comes to the rescue.

Definetly; it neutralizes the phosphoric acid. But it is advisable to mix the baking soda afterwards, because storing this will destroy and destabilize the hydrogen peroxide.

mix the two in a 50-50 ratio, add peppermint oil for breath freshener. wet your toothbrush and sprinkle this on it. Dipping the toothbrush will cause water to seep into it mixture and it'll solidify..anyhow

Hrmmm... peppermint oil, not a bad idea.

your gums and teeth (once they get used to it) will be amazingly healthier and it will reverse gingivitus and even periodontal disease (but you need one additional ingredient to really do away w/ periodontal disease and you need to get it below the gum line...1 week will show dramatic improvement and save you from scaling/surgery). I used to go through horrible cleaning sessions 1hr plus each and every time ever since I can remember..soreness, bleeding gums, sensititivity. every time they had to scale my teeth, and often wanted to operate. prob is flossing is something I'm just not used to, made a habit of doing on a regular basis...I started doing research. no changes to diet, etc...now I'm in and out in 10 minutes..never any probs. Been telling friends/ppl about it for years when they say they have to go in for surgury, out of 5-10 all of them were able to reverse/stop periodontal disease/gingivities as well. funny how when you get desperate you want to try everything and do everything right...

Sweet. I should have been at the dentists months ago, but thanks to H2O2, that's not the case! I'm toothache-free even sometimes when eating sweets.

now, for h202, take a look at these teeth whiteners..for many of them costing 30+ bucks the active ingredient is h2o2. only question is which grade of it...30% is safe for consumption (in small quantities I'd guess)...

hehehe 30% for consumption..... 90% will literally explode in your mouth.

actually, you don't want to mix it all together...save the h202 for after brushing w/ the salt/baking soda mix...

Fluoride isn't completely dangerous. In fact, the US government has been fluoridating the water supply for years to increase bone health and decrease tooth decay. It's been well documented that fluoridating the water supply has decreased tooth decay rates by 40-50%.

Chug the shit and it'll kill you. Like anything. duh

Top Bottom