Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the break-up

It's horrible to go through, I've been there but must say that in the 12 weeks following my break up I lived in the gym and absolutely smashed my PB lifts by the 3rd month. My aggression when lifting was unbelievable and I wasn't on cycle just completely redirected the emotional energy.

turn the switch on in your head... everytime you think about it, head to the weight room, do some push-ups or something, best workout of your life is what you will get, just take all the agression and anger out on the weights...

Absolutely under no circumstances call her. I know that is much harder to do than to say but trust me on this one. Wait and she will definately come back to talk to youwithin a month. You watch.

Unless you cheated on her a bunch of times then well chalk that up as a lesson. Believe me man time definately heals all wounds. And if you are young trust me you have plenty more chicks and broken hearts to deal with in the future. Drive on like a hero but trust me on the no contact rule I bet you within a week she will be coming by to um?? pick up the panties she forgot, or get a necklace she may have left there at your place. Chicks ALWAYS leave stuff for that reason. I myself pack up all that shit and make them take it ASAP when I see it starting but you can never catch it all. Then when/if they break up I put it all in a box and get it to them inconspicuously and mayve leave a note that does not take down your guard totally but leaves a door open. i.e. "I am sorry it ended like this" Leaves her thinking. Did he say that because he wants me back or did he say that because he is cool with it a nice guy and plans on moving on? Trust me it will kill her not to call but you have to be strong mentally a true test of your inner strength!!! Make it happen bro! And good luck I know how it feels!!

Yeah never call her is the best advice i've seen on here they always come back and it is also a good idea to think of all the things she did or said that pissed you off. You then end up hating her instead of missing her and it also makes for some killer workouts.

al420 said:
I have blanket recomendation that I make to any friend in need:

Read "The Art of Happiness". It is a book by his Holiness The Dalai Lama and will help you understand the differences between pleasure and happiness. It teaches that all we need to be happy is our mind. I am not a Buddhist, but the book helps me view other people and thier actions as seperate from my personal happiness. The Dalai Lama was basically a king in Tibet until he and all the Buddhist monks were outcast to India. He was able to maintain happiness in light of loosing what all else would consider everything.

Not trying to make light at all of your situation. We all experience emotional pain and I am sorry for yours. Take all these positive statements from this board, realize you have friends thinking about your struggle (some whom you have never met face-to-face), and most importantly loose yourself in someone elses problems. You can think of countless people that have it worse than you - reach out to one of them - then get your ass back into the gym pronto - don't self destruct.

And if none of that works I am guessing the New Poon idea is pretty solid . . . . lol

Good shit there!! I need to find that book! I have learned that in another way but new approaches and ideas are always cool!!

oh, been here done this! All I can say is the aches and pains of a break-up are hard, but it does pass.
RULES to a sucessful healing process: No contact with her, work out, force yourself to eat (though I lost 20 lbs when I was in your shoes, but I was dumb) and let yourself be sad!
Mourning a loss is never a fun thing, but it does pass!
Good luck

Vascular Freak said:
Bro for some guys feeling the way you do is common. Do whatever you have to do to turn those negative feelings into positive actions. This might sound gay, but go out and buy some new clothes, go tanning, head to the gym and rip out a sick workout, hang out with friends and talk with other chicks. Do whatever so build your confidence and pride back up which can get destroyed after a break up.

Shit, your on a cycle right now man, the gym should be a party for you.

Girls that will up and leave you at any time are a dime a dozen and you shouldn't worry if they leave anyway. You'll find another girl and forget all about this currrent one.

This is GREAT advice. Nothing is forever, maybe this break up won't be too. So don't get overwhelmed thinking everything is final and forever. Look at it like VF said, go work on yourself...make her look at you in 2 months and say "sh*t, I never should have let him go." Then you can introduce her to your hotter gf and revel in her being bitter. :)

Liquid2006 said:
fucken shit me and my girlfriend of 10months just broke up , I know it doesnt seem like a long time to most people but this is horrible . I can't fucken eat a spoon of peanut butter without getting sick to my stomach. Got maybe a hour of sleep total last night, Let alone goto the gym! fuck fuck fuck. What can I doooo
man up and get over it...life goes on

don't idealize things. Look at what was wrong and focus on that insead of your loss.

Look forward to good things you have going on, the cycle, the gym, your friends.

There is no easy way to get over it, but these small things will help.

Always remember there will always be other women, and you are still the same great person with or without this chick.

Top Bottom